Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle the situation?

Posted by   + Show Post

Each skid had a PS3.

Older kid decides hes going to sell his. Both dh & I tell him that he will regret it and shouldn't do it. He doesn't listen.

Fast foward to yesterday. Skid says "I want a PS3 for christmas and a carrying case so that I can take it back and forth to mom's". I told him "Tough. I'm not buying one, I bought the last one that you sold." So he says "But thats what I want!" So I said "I'm sorry, we dont always get what we want."

I'm not buying another one. For one, he shouldn't have sold his. For two, I do not purchase entertainment (for $300) that is to be carted back and forth to bm's.

Out of curiosity, would you buy one?

by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Replies (31-35):
msnyder6706
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM
I wouldn't buy another one. It was a gift you gave him, he sold it and took the money for it. If he wants another one he can buy it himself. Sk or not I wouldn't let any of my kids do that. Plus dh would back me up on something like this. You might as well have thrown the $300 away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crs2442
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM
I know someone that does this regularly (sells his gaming system, regrets it and buys another). But he is 38 and has his own money.

I would not buy him a new one. Someone mentioned buying used. I might consider that. It depends on how much you were planning on spending. But if you choose not to get him one...that is not petty. You told him not to sell it, and he did. Tough cookies for him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamiB79
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Heck no! He can buy the next one if that's What he wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadvendor
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Absolutely, not. He sold it once. Also if you bought him another one he would probably sell that one too.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM

No...what did he do with the money he got from selling his last one? I would tell him he has enough money from selling the last one you bought so he can go back and buy his own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured