Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

New here-8 month pregnant stepmom

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
So glad to have finally found this site. After 3 years of marriage to the most amazing man alive and to two of the most fickle mooded boys and their mother, I need this! I've searched before but never found this site. Pregnant with my first (another boy for him) due 11-11-11, c-section due to high risk 11-1-11. Starting to worry what the delivery date will be like, I keep imaging my husband on one side of me and my ex wife on the other both ready to cut the cord because this is what my life has been like for the past 6 years! Yes I call her MY ex wife because I am the one that has to deal with her. My wishes are that she does not bring the boys to the hospital but rather my husband bring them to meet their brother but now she is saying she has outfits for him that she is bringing to the hospital. Now this is not her normal behavior but it is her little way of letting me know she will be there. What to do??
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe your husband needs to tell her that you guys want private time at the hospital, and he will bring the boys to meet their baby brother.....but that she is welcome to stop by after you have been home a couple of days??..Good luck!

JudesMom11.1.11
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Hmmm...maybe Im just being a bi*ch then cuz she is in fact not welcome in my house after we are home either, lol. Shes never acted like this before, regardless i feel it is a defense mechanism, trying to show she isnt bothered by me having her boys brother. She has also tried to take the boys from us since I have gotten pregnant, so we arent dealing with someone I am close to...
lanceandhailey
by Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, all he has to do is say no...Let the nurses know that she is not to be allowed into your room.

crs2442
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Tell your nurse you don't want her in the room. Your DH doesn't have to say anything. You are the patient.

nmaxwell816
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Welcome to the group!

nmaxwell816
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Tell the nurses that you are not expecting any visitiors and would like to request for them to wait in the waiting room.

JudesMom11.1.11
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone, there is no way shes coming in there or getting to know my sons beautiful face before I do regardless of what goes down, lol. I will so hit the floor walking as soon as the numbness wears off if I have to :-)
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM

You will be in a surgical room if you are having a c-sec.  Only one person will be admitted in there with you anyways.  Her being in there is an unneeded fear.

JudesMom11.1.11
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:29 AM
I am not actually worried that she will be in the room with us, that was a joke. I dont want her at the hospital period. She has no reason to visit him or me. Its okay, I'll let my husband figure out what to say to her
Ms.Gwen
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Just say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)