Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

New here-8 month pregnant stepmom

So glad to have finally found this site. After 3 years of marriage to the most amazing man alive and to two of the most fickle mooded boys and their mother, I need this! I've searched before but never found this site. Pregnant with my first (another boy for him) due 11-11-11, c-section due to high risk 11-1-11. Starting to worry what the delivery date will be like, I keep imaging my husband on one side of me and my ex wife on the other both ready to cut the cord because this is what my life has been like for the past 6 years! Yes I call her MY ex wife because I am the one that has to deal with her. My wishes are that she does not bring the boys to the hospital but rather my husband bring them to meet their brother but now she is saying she has outfits for him that she is bringing to the hospital. Now this is not her normal behavior but it is her little way of letting me know she will be there. What to do??
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Replies (11-12):
MLance12107
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL I call our BM, MY ex-wife too. She calls me for EVERYTHING and hardly ever calls my hubby unless I don't answer. I try to keep things as amicable and cordial as I can on all other topics, but for this, I'd stand your ground. Tell her you appreciate the gesture, but this is a really private and special time for you and hubby and you wish to spend it that way. Tell her she's welcome to come after you're home again. How is the visitation set up? Is this a day where you'd normally have his boys? If so, I'd pick them up the night before and have grandma bring them or another family member you're comfortable with.

I'm glad I'm not  the only one in this boat, I'm due late December, and I'm worried our BM will try to bring herself to the hospital and intrude. I can be nice to her in my home...but she's not exactly who I want holding my newborn as soon as I deliver.

ErinRenee815
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM

No it's not normal. It will likely drive you crazy! I think you have to talk to DH and set some boundaries now. The longer this goes unchecked the worse it will get I'm sure. Congrats on your addition to the family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN