Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just wondering

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ever seen the little quotes "anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy" just wondering why do people see it that way for fathers but not mothers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
packermomof2
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I don't see it that way for either... you either are or you aren't a mom/dad/mother/father... but I've never called anyone mom or dad or mother or father who wasn't biologically my parnets.  I never saw the point or reason for it and and have always thought you just deal with what you got.

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Yeah that always pissed dh off because bm would/does with hold ss from dh and then tell everyone with ears that dh just doesn't care to bother with ss. She still does this even though ss is here weekly. She completely denies it to people. There's plenty of women who that would fit also but its rare you see that and honestly I think its because women are more snippy to do/say things like that. Dh would have been able to say that about my adopted sons bm because she did give birth but that was it. He never did. Its just not like him to do/say things like that. But I'm sure its also because its way more well known of dads who walk away from their kids. Its like the saying "Theres two sides to ANY story and somewhere in the middle lays the truth"

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

KimberlyMKasten
by Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

exactly!

jenessamarie
by The follower :) on Oct. 2, 2011 at 2:58 PM
The name doesn't matter. Who cares?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Because you haven't made the sign yet.

jenessamarie
by The follower :) on Oct. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Lol. What sign?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM
I think people say that because men are more likely to leave their kids especially if unwed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Quoting jenessamarie:

Lol. What sign?

Ya know the decorative signs you can buy to put in your home?  You can buy them at festivals, home stores, etc?  There is almost always one with that quote on it.

Ms.Gwen
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Or is it that men are more likely to be kept from their kids?

Quoting ShannaBee:

I think people say that because men are more likely to leave their kids especially if unwed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:19 AM

It's just a saying. Plenty of not-so-special fathers are still dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN