Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Stepson is getting married

My stepson is getting married next month. I am struggling to like his fiancé. I have been in his life for 14 years, since he was 11. I have done everything for him and his brother, more than their mother has! This girl has been in his life for a year and he asked her to marry him and has planned the whole wedding with us in the dark! She has even said that she doesn't encourage him to spend time with us! I am lost at what to do! I feel like I am losing my son to a horrible person!
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Replies (11-15):
JustinsRealMom
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Thank you maybaby22! I appreciate what you said! I am definitely not trying to control my son or his life! I just know that myself and my husband, our other son, our sons mother, my brother in law and and my parents don't care much for this girl and all of us have seen her control our son! Until her, he came and saw us all the time and involved us in his life and since her we have to guess! Ughhhhh! I am so frustrated!
JustinsRealMom
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Yes, Justin is my son
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Is justin who the post is about?

Quoting JustinsRealMom:

Yes, Justin is my son

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenessamarie
by The follower :) on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Hehe... OK.

So the kids actual mother doesn't like her either? Hmmm... Well, Oh well. Better get used to it, she's going to be his wife and your just the SM, his mom is just his mom and his father is just his father... If no one likes her, maybe he's just going to focus on his new family... him and her. Isn't that what you guys taught him, "real" mom? That family is important? LOL

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM
As far as the situation maybe she just feels overwhelmed with all the "let's be family" thing. Maybe if everyone backs off and tries to get to know her at her own pace she'll come around. It sounds like you have good intentions but you might be pushing her away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN