Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Tonsils-OT

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

My little one is having her tonsils out tomorrow afternoon- anyone's kids been through this?

by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Arkansasgirl79
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM
My DD had hers out right before her 8th birthday. It was sad. It was about 10 days before complete recovery. Thet say the older they are, the harder it is on them to recover. How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby22
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM

She is only three!

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM

no but I just had mine done.  I hear it is easier the younger the kids are.  There was a kid in the recovery room when I was and he looked like he was doing much better than I was.

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:07 AM

No mine haven't my my friends daughter did. She did very well, I don't think it was too long before she was back to normal driving her mom crazy lol

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

MLance12107
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM

My DD had hers out November 2010, she was 3. She was extremely cranky, didn't want to talk, and ate popsicles like they were going out of style. After about a week of lots of TLC, she was her normal self. DD has extreme asthma and allergies with an underlying immune disorder, but since we've had her tonsils and adenoids out, she's only been sick once.

maybaby22
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Quoting MLance12107:

My DD had hers out November 2010, she was 3. She was extremely cranky, didn't want to talk, and ate popsicles like they were going out of style. After about a week of lots of TLC, she was her normal self. DD has extreme asthma and allergies with an underlying immune disorder, but since we've had her tonsils and adenoids out, she's only been sick once.

very reassuring! Thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN