Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Talked to the Attorney

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well I talked to the attorney this morning since dh was sleeping after just getting off a 12hr night shift. He just kept going on about how shocked he was. He said he kept flipping back and forth think where the rest of it??? He wants to file exceptions to the ACTUAL court. He said normally its hard to get a court to over rule a hearing officer but he feels very strongly in this case. He also said that there is nothing in the briefing that would even remotely make sense to her judgement,If anything it shows dh and bm as equals. It doesn't say any judge of character being negative on dh's side. It pretty much leads up to how they are equal parents and then bam the crap order. So now its just sit back pay again and wait for the exceptions hearing in front of the judge.

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Gwen
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Unfortunately when the parents can't co-parent the judges are forced to make a decision giving major control to one of them. It's got to suck to be a judge and having to decide between 2 parents that are good parents but they just can't seem to be decent to each other. In my state this is decided by location/ possession. Ie. Who has the kids now and have they had them for the last 6 months? If the answer is both than it is decided by who has had them the most for the last year. I'm not sure what your story is but if you want shared custody you have to be able to share with BM. BD has to have an amicable, communicative relationship in order for the judge to rule that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Can you post a link to the thread where you described what the motion was about? who filed, and for what reason? thanks.

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I'm glad you talked to your lawyer. It was RIDICULOUS how little time your hubby was getting. I feel bad for your son but Hopefully with legal help everything will get straightened out. I was outraged on your behalf when I read your posts. How could having him with Mom (the person who openly lies to the court) MORE often be in his best intrests?

Grr, I hope this moves quickly and your husband gets more time

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM

This isn't my first post about the hearing it was something I came across and hasn't/isn't being brought up for the simple fact its to hard to prove.

Quoting TheStepMonster:

Original Post - Conflict of Interest

Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I'm not sure if I ever posted before the motion began,I believe I started posting after the temp order was in place. To give a as short as possible back story. Dh had eow and eo Wednesday. Bm stopped showing up, stopped taking calls and changed her number. Dh had legal aid at the time and they dont handle filing contempt, the domestics said dh needed a lawyer to file contempt ( yes we know now that was complete bs) Dh hired this attorney and it went to a mediation hearing. Temp order gave dh wed at 4 - Thursday unti;l 8pm. Bm tried supervised as she ALWAYS does her reason is she doesn't like to be away from ss. This hearing was automatically set because they didn't agree at the mediation hearing. The reason dh files is because he wants more time with his son other then 28 hrs with ss being at school for 3 hrs and NO Holidays at all as the order is now. Hope that clears it up.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Can you post a link to the thread where you described what the motion was about? who filed, and for what reason? thanks.

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Thats the issue is dh proved that hes done everything he can to co-parent. He goes to drs with bm when she actually tells him about them, hes gone to the "teacher meeting" orientation. While bm has a huge list of with holding visits,removing dh from school and Dr lists, denying information ect.

Quoting Ms.Gwen:

Unfortunately when the parents can't co-parent the judges are forced to make a decision giving major control to one of them. It's got to suck to be a judge and having to decide between 2 parents that are good parents but they just can't seem to be decent to each other. In my state this is decided by location/ possession. Ie. Who has the kids now and have they had them for the last 6 months? If the answer is both than it is decided by who has had them the most for the last year. I'm not sure what your story is but if you want shared custody you have to be able to share with BM. BD has to have an amicable, communicative relationship in order for the judge to rule that way.

jessiesluv
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I think its sad we have to rely on strangers to rule the fate of the kids. They dont know the true story and even though they may be good- can't always tell who is lying.

Your order is crazy and I would definately be doing something about it!

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Good luck! I hope things work out to your husband's benefit.

5monkeysplus1
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM
So, sorry if this is a stupid question but they took away his eow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN