Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Well I talked to the attorney this morning since dh was sleeping after just getting off a 12hr night shift. He just kept going on about how shocked he was. He said he kept flipping back and forth think where the rest of it??? He wants to file exceptions to the ACTUAL court. He said normally its hard to get a court to over rule a hearing officer but he feels very strongly in this case. He also said that there is nothing in the briefing that would even remotely make sense to her judgement,If anything it shows dh and bm as equals. It doesn't say any judge of character being negative on dh's side. It pretty much leads up to how they are equal parents and then bam the crap order. So now its just sit back pay again and wait for the exceptions hearing in front of the judge.

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-12):
Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM

I 100% COMPLETELY agree. Exh and I refused to ever even think of going to court, no way in hell would we have someone else tell us what to do with our children. Dh tried doing it without courts with bm from the very beginning. He would even go to her home to see his son because thats all she would allow but he was harassed by her family. When he said he wouldn't go to her home anymore because of it he asked if they could meet somewhere public she agreed and did it one time and even then her family showed up screaming at him and she wouldn't do it again and went and filed to force him to go to her home. She at first lied and said it was because she was breast feeding. I don't think she realizes yet that shes putting the fate of their parenting in a strangers hands because its always gone somewhat her way and when it didn't she with held the visits all together. But hopefully soon she'll get the point its just better and easier to work things out with herself and dh.

Quoting jessiesluv:

I think its sad we have to rely on strangers to rule the fate of the kids. They dont know the true story and even though they may be good- can't always tell who is lying.

Your order is crazy and I would definately be doing something about it!

Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Yes in the temp because bm wouldn't agree to anything. And it was supposed to be JUST a temp order to wean bm into handing over ss,for lack of better words.

Quoting 5monkeysplus1:

So, sorry if this is a stupid question but they took away his eow?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)