Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Explain FROR to me.....

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Does it pertain to PUs and DOs? Can it be specific to one person? If not, is there something else that is? What reasons would you need to request this?

The BG is kind of long. But DH no longer wants BMs FIL to be pick up or drop off SD. This man is pissed off at the world, racist, and cannot control his mouth around my 6 yo SD. DH is genuinley worried about her while she is with him. BM feels it is none of DH business.

by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Chelliza1028
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM
You can request that bm does all pick ups and drop offs but be prepared that it will go both ways and that only dh can do them as well. Rodriguez is right of first refusal and that goes both ways as well... meaning anytime the Bio parent can't be there for any reason the other parent must be offered the time over a step parent or other relative babysitter it day care... it goes both ways so be careful what you wish for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelliza1028
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Sorry damn autocorrect rofr not Rodriguez lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crs2442
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Thats what I thought. DH works all the time, so I do PUs and DOs, and I'm with SD all the time. BM lives an hour away. I guess we just have to deal with FIL.

Quoting Chelliza1028:

You can request that bm does all pick ups and drop offs but be prepared that it will go both ways and that only dh can do them as well. Rodriguez is right of first refusal and that goes both ways as well... meaning anytime the Bio parent can't be there for any reason the other parent must be offered the time over a step parent or other relative babysitter it day care... it goes both ways so be careful what you wish for

ErinRenee815
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Chelliza gave a good definition for this. I'm not sure that I've seen it used specifically for pu/do's but I guess it could be. You can really have anything worked into a CO if you think it is important enough. It's something to talk over. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured