Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Ultimatum, Bm needs to get out!! Legal update!!! dont know but..*

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 127 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am step mom of two mother of three, end of last month So's kids were over his son, got up from the table with his plate, i didnt think because the plates go into the kitchen. but he walked over to were our ten month old was eating, and slabbed the plate over his head. I was so MAD!! I grabbed my baby up made sure he was ok then tool So's son my the arm and gave the kid a swat with the belt (never would i think i would ever use a belt on a kid) SO was just as mad as i was when he got home, but he had been punished. Not much SO could do but talk to him. When SO talked to BM she just said kids will be kids and he dosnt like the baby taking his dad away from him! ARRR  Well i went into court with my X and got full custody of my to oldest sons and now my SO's X is telling him that she will not allow her kids around spoiled rotten brats. Excuse me? my sons use there manners, and do as they are told the first time and have no completes from any teachers from school. Where as BM, is in the school office once a week because of her daughters behavior. WE Even had CPS interviewing us because of the behavior display at school by his DD. I am venting, i dont like my SO not seeing his kids, but i can not stand his childrens behavior or that of his X. I need to vent because if i vent to SO he feels bad because it is all to true and he knows the danger his children put our ten month old in. As soon as we can move into a Six bedroom and hire an attorney we plan on going for custody of his kids also. We believe it is not his kids ideas to be so mean and rotten but there moms. Any ideas on how to help with them while they are hear? Or how i can convince them that the baby is not taking away there dad?

I meet with the prosecuting attorney today, her concerns are that in several different interviews with BM kids they admit that there mom has flat told them if baby is in the tub and i have them play with him hey need to hold him underwater I do not rember when but there was a day that while i was folding laundry (same room) that i let my oldest play with his baby brother while he was in the tub or open up the baby gates and gently push him out the door or down the steps. The kids were interviewed separately but what they both told the interviewers matched. The prosecuting attorney doesn't know what charges they are filling but she did ask if i was willing to have the step kids placed in MY home LADY are you NUTS you have been sitting hear telling me diffrent ways on how they have been informed to kill my son, and you want me to let them live with me full time? my thoughts subtract a few? what i told her was before i let them in my home we ALL need therapy, i am outta my league on how to deal with my feelings on this.  i haven't heard anything since i left yesterday. MY SO and i have agreed his son needs help not a criminal recored but it is now in the hands of the state. We have made are wishes clear on his son as for his crazy x well no comment

last i was told was step kids are now in foster-care, and BM is waiting for arraignment, dont know if i spelled it right but she goes into court to have charges officially brought forth. I have no idea how the court system works so i am only putting down what i was told, sorry if it ant right.

by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Your post was very hard to understand.

What I got from it is that you hit SS with a belt.  If I were BM I would have Dad in court and those kids removed from his home.  If he wanted to see them he could do it without you, the abusive SM.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, no one would get away with hitting my kid with a belt. There are other ways to discipline.

Quoting WifeyC:

What I got from it is that you hit SS with a belt.  If I were BM I would have Dad in court and those kids removed from his home.  If he wanted to see them he could do it without you, the abusive SM.

little_of_life
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Quoting WifeyC:

so you would alow a ten year old boy slam a plate over a ten month olds head?  wow Now for me personlaly that was were my braking point is. I know i hurt his feelings more then he hurt my ten month old who did have to spend the night at the hospital under obsevation. Yes i even told the doc i had swated my step son with a belt

jmgarzamom
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I that situation I would have done the same. sorry ....... But If you figure it out let me know cause we are having another one soon which will be the first between me and dh and I have a feeling sd is gonna be like that.

little_of_life
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

discipline in my house is time out, wall sits, push ups. I will admit as i put in the post i NEVER THOUGHT i would use a belt, i have only given a kid a spanken one other time, and that was my baby sister when she got into a strange car

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

So your DH's ex won't let the kids see him anymore because you hit one of them with a belt? And what is your DH doing about this? Is there a court order? Is he still seeing the child outside the home? or just staying away completely?

What would the basis of your DH's custody case be, when he goes for custody?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quoting little_of_life:

Quoting WifeyC:

so you would alow a ten year old boy slam a plate over a ten month olds head?  wow Now for me personlaly that was were my braking point is. I know i hurt his feelings more then he hurt my ten month old who did have to spend the night at the hospital under obsevation. Yes i even told the doc i had swated my step son with a belt

Where did I say I would allow it?  I said that as a BM I would have the kids removed from Dad's care.  I would even file child abuse charges against you and make it so you will never be allowed near my kids again.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM

also I don't understand the title of your post. What ultimatum are you referring to, and what do you mean, BM needs to get out? Get out of what?

little_of_life
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Quoting jmgarzamom:

I that situation I would have done the same. sorry ....... But If you figure it out let me know cause we are having another one soon which will be the first between me and dh and I have a feeling sd is gonna be like that.

Congrats, i hope its not as bad for you. My X is expecting another one the Nov 9th, and my boys have picked out an out fit for there new baby brother. Me and My X may not get along but my sons dont know that 

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

It's illegal in my state to hit a child with anything other than your hand.  Otherwise it's misdemeanor child abuse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)