Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

MIL and Double Standards PIOG

so earlier this month i was writing about how my MIL tried to talk SD out of coming over to our house and out to eat with our friends.  Well she put the shoe on the other foot this weekend and DH didn't say anything!!!  My SD had her Halloween Costume at grandma's house and wanted to show us.  She put it on.  Then her grandma decided that she wanted to parade her around to all of her friends' houses.  She told SD to get ready to go and SD said she didn't want to go.  Grandma made her go.  So why is it that MIL tries to talk SD out of doing things with us saying she doesn't want to "force" her to go and then turns around and forces her to do what she wants her to do? 

I am getting sick of MIL parenting my DH's child yet he doesn't see what I see.  How do I present this to him so he can try and see things from a different POV??

by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Replies (11-11):
ShannaBee
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I have been in the exact situation. MIL took over SS and took over DH's visitation weekends. She has never allowed DH to parent his kid. It upset him a lot but never said anything because he was scared of the backlash. Wel when I got pregnant she got obsessed because she thought she was getting the daughter she never had. I slapped her with some boundaries and she freaked out. I told DH he better back me up or leave because I was Mom and I was not gonna be a backseat parent to my child. He finally saw how controlling his parents where. We had a huge falling out and they had been cut out of our lives until they can learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)