Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do all of these "grown" women come on here (a place to vent) and criticize other women?? Some of the responses I read are downright rude. I understand that maybe not everybody is going to agree on stuff but really there is no need to be so mean. After all this group is for venting and getting advise on things.

lol......

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Replies (41-49):
Pero
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Quoting ShannaBee:

Yes Ma'am, the naughty corner.

Quoting WifeyC:

Quoting ShannaBee:

Alrighty ladies be nice or I'm gonna have to sit you in a corner.

The naughty corner? ;)

Don't you have a whip or something ... for long-standing members who clearly have a masochistic streak reading the shame shite over and over again?

Pero
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Quoting WifeyC:

No idea.  If you would prefer to sway we can do that instead.

Quoting AmyB118:

I think you sway in place when you sing kumbaya don't you?

Quoting WifeyC:

Should we all hold hands and skip while singing Kumbaya?

Girls, it's "doe, a deer, a female deer" if you wanna skip! Damn, will you ever learn the proper SM songs?

One thing I'm really curious about .. Julie Andrews has a billion annoying skids in "The Sound of Music", who keep singing all day long ... but not once in 90 minutes do you hear her complain about what a financial drain kids can be ... nor does she whine about getting no "couple time"! What a swell lady!

NiCo86
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

verbally bashing somebody isn't providing advice ... there are much nicer ways to tell somebody to correct their actions rather than being cruel and judgemental!

Quoting baparrot2:

80% of the posts in here either start or end with "PLEASE GIVE ADVICE."

Quoting NiCo86:

sometimes people just need to vent and get it out ... sometimes writing it down and seeing it makes some things more clear. how does them making their lives miserable affect you? why do what you can to make them feel like terrible people??

Quoting chanizen:

So when people come on and are clearly making their own lives miserable, we should say nothing?

Grow up. This isn't high school.. Step parenting is HARD. Misconceptions and societal bullshit run DEEP.

"if you are unable to stand up for yourself, lie down as you have just become the world's damn doormat"
~chanizen

Quoting NiCo86:

but that still doesn't make it okay for others mom's to sit there and tell a woman who is venting that she is wrong, that she's a bad mother, and rag on her about his mistakes! OBVIOUSLY she is having an issue ... so make it worse?

"If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" - Thumber, Bambi

Quoting chanizen:

Is it just a place to vent? I think it is also a place to give and receive advice. And find sanity and maybe answers. *shrugs*. I think venting has a place in all that but just spewing random crap on the Internet without ever working to make it better is a waste of time.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:56 PM
I think lying to people when they are making their own lives miserable is cruel.

Why do you have a hard time hearing that some of your misery is your own fault and you could actually do something about it?

That should be a cause for celebration! You mean re thinking my decisions and interacting differently would make me happier and reduce conflict???!!!! Sign me up.

I want a peaceful rewarding life. Not bauble heads telling me I'm right all the time.

Here is a better question: your friend is hitting themselves in the head and screaming that it hurts. Do you moan with her or tell her to put the hammer down and stop hitting herself?

Quoting NiCo86:

sometimes people just need to vent and get it out ... sometimes writing it down and seeing it makes some things more clear. how does them making their lives miserable affect you? why do what you can to make them feel like terrible people??

Quoting chanizen:

So when people come on and are clearly making their own lives miserable, we should say nothing?

Grow up. This isn't high school.. Step parenting is HARD. Misconceptions and societal bullshit run DEEP.

"if you are unable to stand up for yourself, lie down as you have just become the world's damn doormat"

~chanizen

Quoting NiCo86:

but that still doesn't make it okay for others mom's to sit there and tell a woman who is venting that she is wrong, that she's a bad mother, and rag on her about his mistakes! OBVIOUSLY she is having an issue ... so make it worse?

"If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" - Thumber, Bambi

Quoting chanizen:

Is it just a place to vent? I think it is also a place to give and receive advice. And find sanity and maybe answers. *shrugs*. I think venting has a place in all that but just spewing random crap on the Internet without ever working to make it better is a waste of time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of it is presentation ...

What MANY mom's are telling people ...

"Jesus, are you serious? That is the stupidest thing you can do! All you are doing is hurting yourself, idiot! You need to stop that, that's the ONLY way that it will ever be fixed!"

A much nicer way to go about it ..

"Do you think that perhaps changing your action would result differently? Perhaps if you tried not hitting your head with that hammer it wouldn't hurt anymore."

Quoting chanizen:

I think lying to people when they are making their own lives miserable is cruel.

Why do you have a hard time hearing that some of your misery is your own fault and you could actually do something about it?

That should be a cause for celebration! You mean re thinking my decisions and interacting differently would make me happier and reduce conflict???!!!! Sign me up.

I want a peaceful rewarding life. Not bauble heads telling me I'm right all the time.

Here is a better question: your friend is hitting themselves in the head and screaming that it hurts. Do you moan with her or tell her to put the hammer down and stop hitting herself?

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting chanizen:

~chanizen

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting chanizen:

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Pero:

Girls, it's "doe, a deer, a female deer" if you wanna skip! Damn, will you ever learn the proper SM songs?

One thing I'm really curious about .. Julie Andrews has a billion annoying skids in "The Sound of Music", who keep singing all day long ... but not once in 90 minutes do you hear her complain about what a financial drain kids can be ... nor does she whine about getting no "couple time"! What a swell lady!

she doesn't care about couple time because she's a nun, so obviously she has no sex drive. And the BF is freakin loaded. Did you see that mansion? She ran off the first gold digger wannabe SM in the first 30 minutes of the movie.

Plus she liked making clothes out of curtains. Remember she was a nun... anything other than sack cloth was a luxury.

Amy1973Potts
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Off to the slut cave!

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting baparrot2:

But at least I won't make you CHANT crazy shit.

ohhhhh Waaaaaa Taaaaa Cunnnnn Tyyyyy Ammmmmm

(shamalamading dong!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy1973Potts
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:14 PM
And what if her spelling/grammar is so bad it make her sound number than a cunt full of ice cream?

Sorry I am a grammar Nazi and it makes me fucking crazy to read some of these posts that read like the OP was drunk. Or, as Parrot might say, retarded. (Sorry. I make no apologies about using that word. If the shoe fits....Hey - I'm a total cunt occasionally)

Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting NiCo86:

Thumper was a very wise rabbit, even for a cartoon.

But what if the poster really is a bad mother? What  if she really is wrong?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2011 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting NiCo86:

I see good solid advice being given to people in a very matter of fact way. And often those same are folks who just dont see how their contradictions trip over themselves.

For example, women who don't like their step kids and call them unkind names like "glutton" yet wonder why bm mightn't be crazy about her or the child might not listen. Or perhaps they have issues once they marry a man who pays cs and have a chip on their shoulder about paying those bills when he has decided to stay at home or become under employed.

Often these women have "bm issues" or "step child issues" that are really dh issues or attitude adjustment issues. And the "venting" is just a request for validating that they are right. Where real solid advice like "you are being intrusive, you probably want to back down for the sake of your own happiness" or "bm can and should be getting every penny in cs, get a modification or send him back to work". Is met with a million excuses about why that poster's situation is "different".

Real, solid advice is very often an "attack" simply because it isn't the fluff and rainbows the poster was expecting and it challenges their assumptions.

But if you want to hate on your skid and have misplaced bm issues. Go ahead. It's your right...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured