Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

New to the group

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hello my name is Kelley. I am new to the group. I have 3 of my own children and one step daughter. Trying to be a step mom can be very challenging and I would love any advice or suggestions to help get me through all the "baby mama drama". Thanks ladies :)

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Advice for the BMD - don't create drama with her, don't engage in drama with her, let your husband handle all communication with her and tell him not to tell you about every little annoying thing she did today.

Drama, like the Tango, takes two.

kbutler123
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM

This is so very ture!!! I dont speak to her at all however in her mind I am to blame for everything that my husband says/does to her.

notthebio
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Most of us hate the ex  for one reason or another, My advise is try your hardest not to let it effect your relationship with your Hubby and avoid and ignore her at all costs...

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Most of us do not hate the ex.  Hating the ex is not the norm. Hating anyone is unhealthy.

newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM
3 moms liked this
First, welcome and good luck. Listen gently to yourself here...in her mind...that's her mind, her nutty bat cave, you can't control it, change it, fix it. Laugh it off, focus on your life and family, this was a lesson I thankfully QUICKLY learned thanks to the ladies here and helped me keep my sanity. The ex is not your responsibility. It's not your baby mama drama, it is DH's, let him deal with her, just be there to love and support him.

Quoting kbutler123:

This is so very ture!!! I dont speak to her at all however in her mind I am to blame for everything that my husband says/does to her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby22
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Welcome to the group! I hope you find it helpful

packermomof2
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with WIKN... I don't hate my ex.  That would imply I have some sort of feelings for him... indifference?  That, to me, is the best route to take... Hate does take up a lot of energy...

momNstinks
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Welcome to the group! I hope you find peace in your role as sm!!

shannonw79
by Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Welcome! Letting yourself be involved with the drama will hurt you more than her. Ignore it. You did not have sex with her or have a baby with her. Her drama is not your problem. You will be so much happier if you just let dh deal with bm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelknot8
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Welcome to the group!

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)