Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boundaries (POIG)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

This came up on my news feed on FB.  Figured that I would share.

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brendafrenda
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Sounds good to me. 

notthebio
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM

What happens when BM doesn't want to tak e SD for a dress because she doesn;t want to pay for it but than snaps off when SM does?

whatIknownow
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting notthebio:

What happens when BM doesn't want to tak e SD for a dress because she doesn;t want to pay for it but than snaps off when SM does?

Then SM ignores her.

BE_U_T_XPRT
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I had never heard of this magazine till recently but what a great post! 

I wish I had heard this before I bacame the stepmom or even at the beginning.  The BM just walks in my house to pick up kids - no knock or anything.  For 3 years she controlled my household & I stupidly thought this was ok since it was always this way.  I have since put my boundaries up but can see I should have long ago.  this is great!

jessiesluv
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM

100% Agree!!

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Quoting BE_U_T_XPRT:

Wow, I had never heard of this magazine till recently but what a great post! 

I wish I had heard this before I bacame the stepmom or even at the beginning.  The BM just walks in my house to pick up kids - no knock or anything.  For 3 years she controlled my household & I stupidly thought this was ok since it was always this way.  I have since put my boundaries up but can see I should have long ago.  this is great!

I have NEVER EVER just walked into my ex's house without knocking and being told that I could go in.  Also, I have never gone in there when they were not home and DD14 had to pick something up from their house.  It's called common courtesy.  I do not get why people think that it is ok for them to just walk on in when it is not their house. 

As for putting them up now, better late than never ;)

gabrielsmommy04
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM
I think that by the time prom dresses or tuxes come into play a schild can decide who she wants to take her shopping as for who pays I just hope your experience is better than dh was. Bm texted two days before prom wanting help with the tux and we didn't have the money so dh is a no good sob.
whatIknownow
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quoting pepper504:

I have NEVER EVER just walked into my ex's house without knocking and being told that I could go in. 

I did once. It had been my house during our marriage, and I guess this was a few years after the divorce and I hadn't been to his house in years, and I just wasn't thinking and I walked right in.

And you know that feeling you have in a dream where all of a sudden you realize you're stark naked, out in public? That's the feeling I had. I was so embarrassed and I felt like a total idiot and appologized profusely while Ex and his then-girlfriend stared at me. I dont think they cared as much as I cared.

Pero
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I wouldn't even know where my ex lives. I was given an address, but never been even near the road. If you put me in the road and asked me to point out the house, I wouldn't know which one. Why would I need to?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)