Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice please.... sorry i know so little haha

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

SD and BM are moving here(new england) from Venezuela. BM is bringing NOTHING for SD (clothing, toys, bedding ect.) We have been buying things slowly so that she will have everything she needs once she gets here. (clothing, books, toys, shoes, bedding..everything) DH and I share all of our expenses and currently I am making the majority of our income. I don't feel like it is our responsibility to buy things for SD to have at BMs house. Obviously we arent going to send her home without clothing or anything like that but why should we have to two of EVERYTHING just so BM doent have to (especially if we are doing all the shopping and providing all the money). any thoughts please ?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
charliesangel23
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:54 PM

No,. bm should have to buy her own including clothing for sd. Is sd going to live with you primarily?

TMC29
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't start something you don't want to have to continue....

You provide what she needs at your house and clothes...clothes can easily go back and forth...if BM stops sending her clothes back, you stop sending her clothes with her. If she has a favorite toy, send that, but you are not being greedy by not providing two sets...you are being responsible to the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)