Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

15 yr sd taking beer from the house

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM
  • 263 Replies

I suspect my SD is taking beer from our house. its happened way too many times to just be  Coincidence      . I am not a really big drinker but aways have a 6 or 12 pk around for company.

The first two times it was over the summer when she had a friend over. there were 2 missing.            second time I noticed her walking out of the house with something sticking out of the back of her sweats, didnt relize it til later what it probably was  I had three beers in the fridge that time there was one missing. this past weekend we had company a new 12 pack was opened my dad had 2 so there shouldve been 10 left... SD went to a party on friday night I noticed the beer was missing on Saturday Night. I confirmed with my dad how many he had and no one else had any.. I brought this to Dh's attention and of course she denied it just ike she did the two other times and he just lets it go so now I look like an asshole and a liar..WTF???  what do I do?   I do I really want to catch her red handed but Im afraid to let her keep doing it because if soething happens we will be held responsible for it.. what would you do? I am upset because I dont feel that I should have to keep my beer locked up in my own house.. so pissed off..

by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JacyB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM
4 moms liked this

I have a pretty lenient/permissive (at least in the U.S.) view of alcohol use with teenagers so I won't comment on that specifically (I assume you have a problem with it).

BUT I will comment on how to handle someone taking your stuff without permission.

Put it up. You know she will take it if you dont. It doesnt matter that you "don't feel you should have to in your house", because the facts are if you don't she's going to take it. You can feel you shouldnt have to all you want but the feeling won't change it going missing. Your actions will. 

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM

what about my dh's refusal to admit shesdoing it  its soo damn obvious but he lets her get away with it.. this is about the third tome ive told him there was some missing?

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Are you upset she's taking it or are you upset he doesn't care?

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM

both shes 15 and should not be drinking. She denied it when I am Positive it's her. and hes letting her slide on it..she knows she got over on me and I look like an asshole

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM
5 moms liked this

The first issue (her drinking) is a problem. Problems have solutions. The solution is to put in a place where it isnt available to her.

The second issue isn't even an issue . He doesn't agree with you or doesnt care. You will gain nothing by pushing it execept resentment. This isn't some dumb control game where she "got one over on you" and now you're tattling to daddy so she gets in trouble. You're upset he isn't punishing her and that's silly. You gave him the info and he's allowed to do whatever he wants with it. He doesn't have to agree with you. 

Put the beer up, make sure she doesn't have access to it and move on. 

charliesangel23
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Other than setting a video camera by the fridge and taping her, your not going to be able to proove it to your dh. I agree that he needs to wake up and deal with her or shes going to have major attitude/ drinking problems but its his kid. If he wants to screw her up then you cant stop him as wrong as it is. My advice is to put a mini fridge somewhere and keep a lock on it. I know you shouldnt have to lock up stuff in your home, but its the only way to keep her from it if dh wont deal with it.

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

ok so whats next going thru my purse for money? my jewlery box.. she needs to have a consequence for the behavior as far as im concerned is illegal for 15 yr old to Drink.. If god forbd   anything bad happened it would fall on our heads....

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Put all alcohol in the trunk of your car (locked of course) when SD visits. There isn't anything you can do about your DH aside from inform him, which you did. (Although IMO a cast iron skillet to the head or a ninja junk punch is in order ~ KIDDING!!!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacyB
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM
It doesnt matter if you think she needs to have a consequence. Your husband doesnt. Right, its illegal. Which is why you're fixing it. Now there's no problem.
jojojack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:25 PM
7 moms liked this

my mom said I should fill a beer bottle with pee and put the screw top back on it and leave it for her next party..LMAO I am soo tempted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN