Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Success Story...had to share!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:11 AM
  • 2 Replies

After Thanksgiving, BM decided to turn over custody of SD to DH because BM and her boyfriend were having issues with SD, ect. and a lot of bad stuff was going on over there. I could bash BM for all the wrong stuff that was going on, but I am going to take the high road and appreciate that she has kept her word this time.

We aren't going to court until January, so BM agreed to give DH the child support that he pays her every other week back to him until they go to court and they can get the attorney general to stop taking it out of DH's check and giving it to BM. Which is only fair because the child support is to take care of SD and if she is living with us BM shouldn't be getting DH's money, we should so we can use it to take care of SD.

Anyway, I was worried about her giving it back because in the past she has been very dishonest with DH and has had a lot of financial problems. Last night was her first weekend of visitation with SD and when she came to pick up SD, she actually gave DH the money back! Way to go BM for doing the right and honest thing!

I am hoping this lasts until they go to court, but it seems that BM is on board with everything for now.

(in case anyone was wondering, or if it comes up....DH was not in arrears or anything, so that was not an issue in our case and made the money factor uncomplicated).

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brendafrenda
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Congrats.  I wish u luck/

chanizen
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:40 AM
Sometimes it just works out and people do the right thing.... Cool!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)