Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling the OP when they are in trouble.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anybody else deal with this? If a skid gets in trouble they call the OP?

Today, my skids start fighting because of something skid 1 done. They both get in trouble, but skid 2 has a bigger attitude and starts throwing a fit on dh.

Skid 1 goes to get his cell and texts bm.

I go outside and call bm to tell her what is going on. 1- Because just last weekend, she called me to tell me skid 2 was mad at her SO and told me what happened and 2- We decided it was best when these things happen to let each other know the whole story.

So, does anybody else deal with kid calling the other parent? BM told me the only thing skid 1 said to her was that "dad and bro got into it".

Its like they are tattling on dh. lol

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
baquick
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Sometimes when things happen. Depending on what it is. But usually we wait until the next time we see them. She's only 7 so she doesn't have a phone yet. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Ever since they got the phones, this is all they use them for! lol
pseudomamma
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM

DSS used to pull this all the time.  If he got in trouble and, say, grounded from the TV, he'd call BM and she'd come get him and he would stay until his grounding was over.  BM always called us when there were problems at her house.  She would tell us what the punishment was, ask one of us to come get one or all the kids,  and we would be expected to follow the punishment at our house.  Finally, they were no longer allowed to call her right after they got in trouble.  They had to wait.  

8sEnuff
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM

My sks both do this but differently.  My ss will call his mom when he is in trouble at our house and my sd will call dh when she doesn't like how mom is "treating" her.  We have told them they have to follow the rules of the parent they are with, if they are grounded at moms they can't come to our house to get out of it and vice versa.  Bm does differently.  My boys have never really done this at all, but my ex and I have never let them try to play the system in the first place.  I back him up and he backs me up, there is no escape.

brendafrenda
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM

My SK is only 7.  I guess this is yet to come?  Although we never have contact w/BM while we have SS.

jlg12678
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Osd started doing this when she got into trouble at bm's...my dh stopped it because he did not feel it was appropriate or respectful to have her bitch and whine about her mom/stepdad to him while she was in the middle of a punishment.  

My ex and I have never allowed our son to do this and I doubt we ever would. 

momma2dnm
by Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Only once and it was my sons sm calling me.  What happened was my five year old got angery at his homework so he threw his pencil down on the table which bounced and hit his little stepsister in the face thank god he didnt hit her eye.  But anyway sm sent him to his room and waited for my x to get home.  He just told my bs to never do it again tell sis he was sorry and he was off the hook.  She called me cause she was fuming and didnt want to punish my son herself but felt he needed more.  I agreed and called my x to talk it over with him.  He did tell my son that i was involved in the case so since then he knows we stand united his bd ans sm me and my dh

AJaye79
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Lol... DH talked to SS after he called BM... BM flew off the handle to DH that I disciplined SS... I wasn't even home, but it was about something I instilled as a hose rule (MIL and DH both approved)... DH and her had it out... DH talked to SS... told him to talk to him if there is something he has issues w/ me... that SS knows how BM flys off the handle no matter what... and how SS wouldn't want to be the recipient of her rage... since then, no BM taddleing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM
No because he is only five but when he is in trouble he says he wants to go home and doesn't want to be with us. Then when he gets home he tells her we were mean to him and he hates it here and doesn't want to come back. Typical stuff many NCPs deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)