Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bm threatened dh with a kidnapping charge

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
Co says that dh is to pick SD up after work every Friday. Dh and bm usually do 8 pm anyways. A month ago dh told bm we had a work event last night for his job and asked her if she could keep SD until this morning. She agreed and then Thursday told dh of he didn't pick SD up 8 on Friday then he wouldn't get her this weekend. He told her that if she wasn't keeping SD that he was picking her up after work and she was going to a sitter since she was waving rofr. She argued with him about it.

Yesterday he texts her and tells her we are on our way. Event starts at 730 and we needed to get SD to the sitter and get ready for this formal event.

She replies back okay.

He gets to her apartment and rings the bell ... bms df rings back telling dh to come upstairs. Dh asks be what to do because at the same time bm is texting telling him he's not getting SD till 8... he goes up and df is there but not bm. So dh gets SD .. the df was very civil...

We leave... bm calls screaming at dh that he's kidnapping SD because its not his time.

Co says after work... so it is his time. Also he has rofr and bm wasn't there she was at pt. So she was going to be gone for 4/5 hours. So rofr would have kicked in so she was in violation of the Co.

She did call the police ( remember dh called the police on her because she wouldn't answer the phone so he called a Wellness check) and the police called us and dh read them the Co word for word.. he then called bm and told bm that we were well within dhs legal rights and that if her df hadn't given SD to dh he would have been kidnapping. So bms df did the right thing...

Tis the season right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RTXmommy06
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Wow. I feel like I'm reading about my own life lol. I know exactly how u feel, and you guys are not in the wrong. It's his time. Period. That's what the CO says so that's what it is. Let her throw a tantrum. She can't do shit about it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

holy cow. these ignorant people.

bonusmom04
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM
I can't stand people who try to manipulate and that is what the BM seems to be doing manipulating the police! My DSS's BM tried to treated that but DH called her on it. Luckily we never got a visit from the police. Sorry you have to go through that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM

We had a similar situation before DH filed for divorce. DH allowed BM's sister to take SS down for a weekend visit. At the time there was no CO, but DH had SS the majority of the time and BM got SS whenever DH took him down over a weekend. So BM tricked her sister into bringing SS down and didn't inform her that SS should be going home since DH had SS enrolled in PreK paying $150 per month. BM played it off to DH that SS would be home Sunday. That Sunday she called and told DH that she had missed enough of SS's life and that he was going to stay with her. Her sister called and apologized about the whole thing. Within the week, DH had gotten CS paperwork and within the month DH was ordered to pay $500 per month.

During this first month, BM only allowed DH to see SS once at her house. She told DH that she would call the cops if DH took SS home without her permission (as we live out-of-state from her, though she is the one who moved when she and DH split). DH got in touch with a lawyer and was told that since SS was a resident of our state that DH could bring him home anytime he got him. DH was able to talk BM into letting him have SS for a visit and then we brought him home and DH finally filed divorce papers. That night the police from BM's town called our house and asked DH some questions about BM's claims. As soon as he explained what the lawyer had told him, they left him alone.

ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Now there was just no sense in her doing that. I don't understand why some women have to be so difficult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM

It sounds like she wanted to mess up the formal event for you guys. BM's can be funny sometimes. Your BM was pulling a control move. If your DH had just shrugged it off & said "okay" to her demanding he pick her up Friday or miss the weekend....welll that would have got the BM more. I doubt she really wanted to keep SD all weekend, she was just LOOKING for a fight. I would have just missed that weekend rather than go through all that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)