Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkward?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

So bm has been dating her latest bf for about 3 months.  She has already started having sd15 and ss11 answer to him when they do something wrong on her time.  Tonight was a whole new twist.  BMs boyfriend calls my dh to talk to him about what dd has done wrong.  WTH, you talk about a sm coveting her sks.  Why is it ok for bm to let every guy she dates be her kids daddy and you put her kid in time out and she becomes a raging psycho?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM
It's the sick sad truth of double standards. We deal with it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

oh, my what did your DH do and say? My DH would be soo sooo pissed. 

Angelknot8
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Yeah that would really go over to well with my dh. Well I dunno. If the guy was decent he'd probably much rather deal with someone else lol

Owner of the cafemom group
Parenting a child with Behavioral disorders by adoption or step parenting  http://www.cafemom.com/group/115157

8sEnuff
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

He didn't say anything, I was more upset than him.  I didn't get it.  When I asked him he said he would rather listen to bf explain it to him than listen to bm bitch at him.  I still think he needs to let wanna be daddy know where his place is.  3 months of dating does not constitute you as anyone except moms bf, IMO.

E_is_4_Ethan
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Quoting 8sEnuff:

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

He didn't say anything, I was more upset than him.  I didn't get it.  When I asked him he said he would rather listen to bf explain it to him than listen to bm bitch at him.  I still think he needs to let wanna be daddy know where his place is.  3 months of dating does not constitute you as anyone except moms bf, IMO.

hang on, now I'm thinking about my 1st thought of.... DH would be pissed. I'm going to have to ask him b/c now that I think about it, he might want to deal with some guy then BM. BRB

Chelliza1028
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha dh asked bm if he could talk to bms df and told her it was because her df was a civilized human being... she was screaming at him about taking SD on his time and calling it kidnapping lmao

Quoting Angelknot8:

Yeah that would really go over to well with my dh. Well I dunno. If the guy was decent he'd probably much rather deal with someone else lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneytunes290
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Maybe your DH knows that the new BF is his kids only hope. Lol the BM in our situation married a guy who was literally known as the town drunk- and we still thought he had better sense than she did when it came to raising kids.They actually improved after they got together.

E_is_4_Ethan
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM

ok, so DH said.. I don't know. It depends on why he was calling. If he was calling about my kids not being good for him, I would laugh and say dude you are just getting started. 

But again he said that it really depends on  WHY he was calling. 

sarcasm

MasterAtArms
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I never call BM about those sorts of things. I leave all of that to DH. I only call her if DH isn't available and it's something that she should know (bringing SD to hospital or gonna be late on dropoff) or I need to know something from her (who's supposed to bring the snacks to school this week or changes in plans). But if DH is there, he does all of the talking.

8sEnuff
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Quoting looneytunes290:

Maybe your DH knows that the new BF is his kids only hope. Lol the BM in our situation married a guy who was literally known as the town drunk- and we still thought he had better sense than she did when it came to raising kids.They actually improved after they got together.

I guess my thing is they have only been dating for 3 months.  Not long enough in my opinion to feel this is his place.  Dh and I have been together for 8yrs and bm still has issues with me just sending ss to his room (or me breathing)   I guess I just find it ironic.  She has lived with several men over the last 8 years and I think it is confusing to the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)