Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not enough involved sm, bm offended

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 21 Replies
So Bm sent dh an email, ( he's deployed) stating that I am not being involved enough with ss. I take him on our time still, call on holidays, take him for extra time but I do not call him on his Bm time. So should I start calling him ? I mean dh alternates calling ss and ds 3 and 1
Every other week since that's all he gets call wise. I didnt wan't to be over bearing or offend Bm so I didn't call as he isn't my kid. But she's offended. Suggestions please....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Ask her what she wants? How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

My dh's ex has done the same. I have no suggestions. I do my best to be a good stepparent and leave it at that. If bm wants more from me, that is on her to deal with as I am happy with my part in my skids' lives. 

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM
He is 4 next month. She wants me to call 3 times a week when with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

My DH's ex is the same way.

If I help him do homework at his request, my DH gets yelled that I'm not allowed to help HER son.

Yet when I leave the house when SS is over to go shopping DH gets yelled at that his wife doesn't want to be around HER son and how could I not want to be there with my SS.

You can't win. I do what I want and at the end of the day it's really none of her concern. Her son is safe, healthy and cared for in my home.

riverofgrass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
In your opinion...what is best for your step kids?
E_is_4_Ethan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I don't have anything to say. I find BM kind of strange for thinking that way.

riverofgrass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I agree...it is wierd. But maybe this BM really wants the kids to stay connected to the BFs family??????
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
That makes sense just odd Kwim

Quoting riverofgrass:

I agree...it is wierd. But maybe this BM really wants the kids to stay connected to the BFs family??????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriDeen
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I would have my DH email her and ask what, specifically, she wants. You need concrete details, not vague accusations. If she can't come up with suggestions, I suspect she's just bitching to have something to bitch about.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM
I think I will call him but I think 3 times a week excessive. Wish me luck I hope she doesn't change her mind lol

Quoting riverofgrass:

In your opinion...what is best for your step kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)