Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a SKID problem.. just a kid problem.. =( Feeling unappreciated..

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday, I get up at 6 AM with the kids. Feed them cereal, play blocks, watch a movie, etc. etc. We let DH sleep.. He gets up at 10 o'clock. He's up for 15ish minutes, and I ask him if he wants breakfast, SD and DS were coloring at the table. He said yes, he'd take some eggs. Sd walks over, looks at me, "I'm hungry Chellz"

Me: Okay, I'm making eggs

SD: Here daddy, I colored you a picture..

DS: Mommy, I'm hungry too

Me: Okay DS, I am making eggs

DS: Here daddy, I made you a picture too..

Me standing there feeling unappreciated..

Later in the day, I'm making picture frames with them..  Decorate the picture frames and then I give them a bunch of pictures to pick from..

SD picks one of just her, DS picks one of him and SD..

SD asks me to write "Mommy" with the glue so she can glitter it... I do it.. feeling unappreciated again..

DS asks me to write "Strong man" with glue.. I do it.. he tells me it's for paw paw..

I'm near tears..

Today, I spend all day doing stuff with the kids. We did glow sand, we colored, we made brownies and decorated them.. etc. etc. We ended up making vases our of cans and popsicle sticks, and using floral tape and fake flowers to make flower pens..

Lo and behold, DS made his for grandma, and SD made hers for mommy.

I told them I needed some time to myself and I went in my bedroom and just cried.. I do everything for these kids, and get nothing in return! DH came in and asked what was wrong.. I told him..

So he goes out there and has the kids make cards.. he doesn't TELL them to make them for me, but he hints around at it.. SD's went to him, and DS's went to SD..

I feel so unappreciated.. =(

I just want a picture for the fridge..

Last week DS's class made chocolate spoons and they were suppossed to be for the parents, had a cute poem about enjoying a chocolate coffee and thinking about the kid.. DS didn't wantto give them to me.. he wanted them for hot cocoa.. =(

Every Friday, we pick SD up, she has a ton of stuff for her dad, and not even a hello for me.. Stickers, pictures, art projects etc.

sigh... I'm just feeling sad..

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ekh2010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Aw thats hard maybe ds is following sd she doesnt label anything to you so he doesnt either. They know they can count on you which is the best thing but i know it still hurts
Maybe nudge your hubby into makin thin gs more bout you...kids follow by example
You sound like youre lotsa fun wanna come hang w me? I wld make you some yummy dinner And your favorite dessrrt...(:
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raerae725
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

~hugs~

I think in some cases it is because you are the one doing for them, the one they are sure of the most, they leave you out.  Its a comfort thing? At least that is what I tell myself when the boys do things like that.  Oldest DS is the worst everything he did as a lil guy was for his dad who rarely spent time with him.  

Faeta
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM
hugs. I wish i could say something to make you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelliza1028
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM

HAHA You might have a deal.. I hate cooking! I like to bake oddly enough..

I have no choice but to do this kind of stuff. We have the worlds smallest apartment, 2 feet of wet non packable snow, and two four year olds, oh and we're so broke that I probably shouldn't have spent 5 bucks at the dollar store buying glue, glitter, paint, and poofy balls.. but I had to do something.

Quoting ekh2010:

Aw thats hard maybe ds is following sd she doesnt label anything to you so he doesnt either. They know they can count on you which is the best thing but i know it still hurts
Maybe nudge your hubby into makin thin gs more bout you...kids follow by example
You sound like youre lotsa fun wanna come hang w me? I wld make you some yummy dinner And your favorite dessrrt...(:
Hugs

paladinmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it is out of place to ask her if she can make you a pic to hang on the fridge with everyone elses.  She would probably do it in a heart beat!

Angelknot8
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Try to not take it to heart too much kids will be kids and the fact that sd and ds both did it should confirm that even more for you

I am the face of IH

dunnk24
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I understand and have felt the same way. We have the most difficult role. There isn't much glory in it, but keep doing what you are doing, because everyone, including you, will be better for it. Hopefully, dad will come around and take a more active role in making sure that you are appreciated. There is nothing wrong with him saying, "Let's make (your name) a card just because." He needs to be the one to point out what you do out of love for them and to be a positive role model in showing you appreciation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)