Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
mrsmalone
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi!  I found you guys online b/c I am at my wit's end with my step-daughter's mother.  I have been with her daughter for over 4 years & she still refuses to 'meet' me.  It, amongst other things, has caused so much stress & dysfunction that it is a factor in why my husband & I have been amicably separated for 6 months now.  We go to counseling, pray, & are working positively through everything else.  She (the ex) now has a new boyfriend & wants my husband to meet him, and he is finally standing by me for her to meet me first, which I greatly appreciate.  Anyway, the mom's refusing still & I can't keep putting Paxton in the middle so....I've said that my time with her has to be limited now, since this whole dynamic has been causing her to act out & creating some major emotional & psychological issues.  My husband suggested that we meet (just she & I first) at a neutral counselor's office and she is still refusing, but saying that my husband has to meet her boyfriend & I just have to 'deal' with it, knowing that Paxton suffers the most, & it's breaking my heart.  And this is just ONE of the many issues with her.  Any experience with this or suggestions?

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Welcome DeAnna!  welcome

Quoting jaxoncasemom:

Hello! I'm DeAnna. My (soon to be stepdaughter) will be 3 the 18th. I've been a part of her life since she was born but I started dating her father the month she turned 1. I'm her "Mommy D" as she calls me. I love her like my own. Me and Her father do have a son of our own named Jaxon! He is the light of my life. I love both my kids but being a stepparent so young can be frustrating at times(not because of her, she's amazing! But because of her mom)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hi!  We're glad you found us too.  :)

You're right, this situation probably is affecting Paxton quite a bit, poor girl.  hugs

Quoting mrsmalone:

Hi!  I found you guys online b/c I am at my wit's end with my step-daughter's mother.  I have been with her daughter for over 4 years & she still refuses to 'meet' me.  It, amongst other things, has caused so much stress & dysfunction that it is a factor in why my husband & I have been amicably separated for 6 months now.  We go to counseling, pray, & are working positively through everything else.  She (the ex) now has a new boyfriend & wants my husband to meet him, and he is finally standing by me for her to meet me first, which I greatly appreciate.  Anyway, the mom's refusing still & I can't keep putting Paxton in the middle so....I've said that my time with her has to be limited now, since this whole dynamic has been causing her to act out & creating some major emotional & psychological issues.  My husband suggested that we meet (just she & I first) at a neutral counselor's office and she is still refusing, but saying that my husband has to meet her boyfriend & I just have to 'deal' with it, knowing that Paxton suffers the most, & it's breaking my heart.  And this is just ONE of the many issues with her.  Any experience with this or suggestions?

andreabmomof4
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hello my name is Andrea

I am 28 years old and live in wisconsin

I have 2 bio children Evan 5 and Elizabeth 10

I also have 2 future step daughter  Raegan 3 and Madalyn 5

I've been with my boyfriend Chayce since June 2011

I don't have any step mom/bio mom drama because currently Chayce's ex wife is in jail and he has a restraning order against her.

His girls call me mom all the time, which doesnt bug me because I consider them my own

Things are challenging at times, hopefully they get better.

rainbow_mommy09
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Hi my name is Dawn!

I'm 22 years old and live in Texas.

I have 1 DD age 2 

I'm a step mom to 2 sets of multiples, a set of quads age 6 and a set of sextuplets age 4  

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! 

harperschick5
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Hello I have been a step-mom for about 6 plus years to 2 wonderful girls. We then have 3 children together also. The ages range from 10 years old to 3 months old. I never did this sort of thing before but I would love to be able to talk to other step-moms about being a stepparent.  My situation is a very difficult one pertaining to my stepchildren. We are currently going through more custody issues with my husbands ex-wife. Yes...that's right after 6 years of being together we still have issues with the ex! Could use some advice and inspiration because I think I am at my end of my rope with this situation.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Welcome Andrea!  

Quoting andreabmomof4:

Hello my name is Andrea

I am 28 years old and live in wisconsin

I have 2 bio children Evan 5 and Elizabeth 10

I also have 2 future step daughter  Raegan 3 and Madalyn 5

I've been with my boyfriend Chayce since June 2011

I don't have any step mom/bio mom drama because currently Chayce's ex wife is in jail and he has a restraning order against her.

His girls call me mom all the time, which doesnt bug me because I consider them my own

Things are challenging at times, hopefully they get better.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Hi Dawn, welcome to the group!

Quoting rainbow_mommy09:

Hi my name is Dawn!

I'm 22 years old and live in Texas.

I have 1 DD age 2 

I'm a step mom to 2 sets of multiples, a set of quads age 6 and a set of sextuplets age 4  

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hi there!  Glad you're here, welcome to Stepmom Central!

Quoting harperschick5:

Hello I have been a step-mom for about 6 plus years to 2 wonderful girls. We then have 3 children together also. The ages range from 10 years old to 3 months old. I never did this sort of thing before but I would love to be able to talk to other step-moms about being a stepparent.  My situation is a very difficult one pertaining to my stepchildren. We are currently going through more custody issues with my husbands ex-wife. Yes...that's right after 6 years of being together we still have issues with the ex! Could use some advice and inspiration because I think I am at my end of my rope with this situation.

Marie9076
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Hi, I'm Emily! I'm 21 and from GA! I have two stepkids, SS is 8 and with us during the week and EOW, and SS is 13 but he's with BM during the week and here EOW. DH and I have two boys together, they're 3 and 1. We have been together for 4 years and married for 3 (4 in June).
I'm glad to have found a group with women who have been in similar situations because I have NO friends who are stepparents. It always helps to have someone who can relate to you. Nice to meet you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN