CafeMom is experiencing issues that should be resolved soon
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (1541-1550):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hi Maggie, welcome to the group!

Quoting KaysMommy828:

Hi, my name is Maggie. I am about to turn 23 and I have 2 gorgeous little girls, one bio and one step. My step daughter is 2 and her bio mom has her during the week while we get her on weekends. She has been in and out of daycare with her mom after being taken away from us earlier this year. It has been a really rought battle dealing with her mom and all her drama. She is constantly trying to break up me and my fiance because she is the type of mom who has to be in control of everything and doesn't like that I came around and she lost control. It is beyond frustrating for us especially because she uses her daughter to try to get what she wants. My fiance and I have known each other for almost 5 years, and dated casually back then until he got with his baby mama. Took him 5 months to convince me he was done with her last year/early this year before we started dating and I instantly knew he was the one for me. We ran into each other at our friends' wedding last year and started talking but he was with her and I was pregnant with my daughter and heading back up north. We've been together 7 months and are madly in love, but his ex is a constant cloud over our heads. My step daughter is one of the best things in my life and I would never trade my life for anything, I am just worried that her mother will try to take her from us and I know it would kill both of us. She loves her sister (my daughter that my fiance will be adopting) and I know she loves me just as much as her bio mom. I am wondering if my frustrations are normal.

Maggie

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It's nice to meet you Brandy, welcome to the group!

Quoting BrandyAprill:

Hi I am Brandy, mother of 6 kiddos! I am the BM of 4 of my kiddos and have all 6 full time all the time!! I dont like the term step mother because I feel  I am the mother. I have raised my DH & his EW 2 kiddos for 6 years now. She has not been in the picture much but has currently been getting herself together due to legal problems . My kiddos Bio father is not in the pic. I am the one who does all the motherly things for the kiddos! The other woman never gets involved. I feel sorry for her because she will regret it in the future. All the children call me mom as I am their mother. As I said I do not like the word step mom especially due to my situation. My children are 15, 13, 9, 8 ,7and 3. We have a 1 child biologically together. So HI!!!

momcat437
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hi, my name is Erlinda--I'm way over forty : ) and have a 24 y/o developmentally disabled stepdaughter who has lived with us since she was 15.  Her mom lives in California and even though she's thousands of miles away (we're in Ohio), she still reaches out occasionally and wreaks havoc.  My sd is not the easiest person to live with but I'm trying to be nice.  It's not working well.  Anyway, I hope I can add a nugget or two of wisdom from my twenty-some years of experience!

bjconner8807
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Hi i am Bre i am 24years old, I have 5 kids, 1 is biological. My son is 5 and my stepdaughters are 9(twins) and 6 and my stepson is 4. I am not maired but i consider them mine but we have official combined familys back in September. The reason I joined is because i need some advice on how to help my twin girls... their dad has full custudy and i feel like there is something that would help them more... just not sure what and i dont think that i total agree on what he tells them but i do get why he is 

a.m.ratto
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

HI, my name is Alejandra and I'm engaged to my fiance Mike who has full custody of his two wonderful children Schyler (11) and kaidence ( 9 ). I'm 23 years old and have been living with them for over a year now and i absulotely love it! I might be young but who knew i would step up to this role as a step mother. :)

tcsteeves
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Hello, my name is Tedra.  I have been married since 2009 to my wonderful husband.  With that wonderful husband came my 12 year old step daughter, Sydney.  I also have a 3 year old daugher named Abby and a 9 month old boy named Dylan.  Unfortunately, my step daughter has made these last few years very stressful and uncomfortable for me.  Her father got custody of her a few years ago and since she doesn't want to live with us, she has made it very clear by being very disrespectful to me and blaming me for every negative feeling she has.  My husband feels trapped in the middle and sometimes I feel like I don't have his 100% support regarding matters pertaining to Sydney.  I need to talk to other moms who feel the same way and maybe can even offer me suggestions or advice on what I can do.  Sydney's biological mom talks to her every once in awhile on the phone, but she's really not involved in her life.  Any visitation has to be supervised.  I think just talking to other step moms will really help. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Welcome Erlinda!

Quoting momcat437:

Hi, my name is Erlinda--I'm way over forty : ) and have a 24 y/o developmentally disabled stepdaughter who has lived with us since she was 15.  Her mom lives in California and even though she's thousands of miles away (we're in Ohio), she still reaches out occasionally and wreaks havoc.  My sd is not the easiest person to live with but I'm trying to be nice.  It's not working well.  Anyway, I hope I can add a nugget or two of wisdom from my twenty-some years of experience!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi Bre, welcome to the group!

Quoting bjconner8807:

Hi i am Bre i am 24years old, I have 5 kids, 1 is biological. My son is 5 and my stepdaughters are 9(twins) and 6 and my stepson is 4. I am not maired but i consider them mine but we have official combined familys back in September. The reason I joined is because i need some advice on how to help my twin girls... their dad has full custudy and i feel like there is something that would help them more... just not sure what and i dont think that i total agree on what he tells them but i do get why he is 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Welcome Alejandra!  Congrats on your engagement.

Quoting a.m.ratto:

HI, my name is Alejandra and I'm engaged to my fiance Mike who has full custody of his two wonderful children Schyler (11) and kaidence ( 9 ). I'm 23 years old and have been living with them for over a year now and i absulotely love it! I might be young but who knew i would step up to this role as a step mother. :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Welcome to the group Tedra!

Quoting tcsteeves:

Hello, my name is Tedra.  I have been married since 2009 to my wonderful husband.  With that wonderful husband came my 12 year old step daughter, Sydney.  I also have a 3 year old daugher named Abby and a 9 month old boy named Dylan.  Unfortunately, my step daughter has made these last few years very stressful and uncomfortable for me.  Her father got custody of her a few years ago and since she doesn't want to live with us, she has made it very clear by being very disrespectful to me and blaming me for every negative feeling she has.  My husband feels trapped in the middle and sometimes I feel like I don't have his 100% support regarding matters pertaining to Sydney.  I need to talk to other moms who feel the same way and maybe can even offer me suggestions or advice on what I can do.  Sydney's biological mom talks to her every once in awhile on the phone, but she's really not involved in her life.  Any visitation has to be supervised.  I think just talking to other step moms will really help. 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)