Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (1551-1560):
Chkl8Qween2
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Hi, I'm Tiffany. I have an 8 y.o.SS and 2 birth daughters under the age of 2. DH & I have been together for 5 yrs and married for just over 3 yrs. I'm hoping to read some comments and articles that will help our situation. My SS is by turns resentful of our marriage then glad to call me Mom. I don't press the issue of names, I'm sure he'll find a name for me that won't usurp his Mom's position. I need help with the rollercoaster in the meantime! Thanks! :-)

djindenver
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hey all.  =)

I'm Dana, I'm 35, and I have a DS14 and a DS9.  I've been married to my DH for 2 years, and he has my SD6.  (I hope I got the abbreviations right, I tried to read up a little bit before posting)

I woud love to be a part of a group/forum where I can learn from others about how to be a better step-parent.  I struggle with resentment and frustration which I feel really guilty about - but have no control over.  I also have no one else to talk to about this particular issue so I'm hoping to get some support...whether it's someone telling me they know what I'm going through, or telling me I need to suck it up and deal.  =)

Hope to get to know you all better.
Dana 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Welcome Tiffany!

Quoting Chkl8Qween2:

Hi, I'm Tiffany. I have an 8 y.o.SS and 2 birth daughters under the age of 2. DH & I have been together for 5 yrs and married for just over 3 yrs. I'm hoping to read some comments and articles that will help our situation. My SS is by turns resentful of our marriage then glad to call me Mom. I don't press the issue of names, I'm sure he'll find a name for me that won't usurp his Mom's position. I need help with the rollercoaster in the meantime! Thanks! :-)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Welcome Dana!

Quoting djindenver:

Hey all.  =)

I'm Dana, I'm 35, and I have a DS14 and a DS9.  I've been married to my DH for 2 years, and he has my SD6.  (I hope I got the abbreviations right, I tried to read up a little bit before posting)

I woud love to be a part of a group/forum where I can learn from others about how to be a better step-parent.  I struggle with resentment and frustration which I feel really guilty about - but have no control over.  I also have no one else to talk to about this particular issue so I'm hoping to get some support...whether it's someone telling me they know what I'm going through, or telling me I need to suck it up and deal.  =)

Hope to get to know you all better.
Dana 

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Hi Brandy! We have almost the same family dynamics. :-) I am a CSM of 2 and have 4 BKs. BM is not involved much at all. I've been raising mine for 10 years.

Quoting BrandyAprill:

Hi I am Brandy, mother of 6 kiddos! I am the BM of 4 of my kiddos and have all 6 full time all the time!! I dont like the term step mother because I feel  I am the mother. I have raised my DH & his EW 2 kiddos for 6 years now. She has not been in the picture much but has currently been getting herself together due to legal problems . My kiddos Bio father is not in the pic. I am the one who does all the motherly things for the kiddos! The other woman never gets involved. I feel sorry for her because she will regret it in the future. All the children call me mom as I am their mother. As I said I do not like the word step mom especially due to my situation. My children are 15, 13, 9, 8 ,7and 3. We have a 1 child biologically together. So HI!!!

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Hi Erlinda, welcome!

Quoting momcat437:

Hi, my name is Erlinda--I'm way over forty : ) and have a 24 y/o developmentally disabled stepdaughter who has lived with us since she was 15.  Her mom lives in California and even though she's thousands of miles away (we're in Ohio), she still reaches out occasionally and wreaks havoc.  My sd is not the easiest person to live with but I'm trying to be nice.  It's not working well.  Anyway, I hope I can add a nugget or two of wisdom from my twenty-some years of experience!

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Welcome Bre!

Quoting bjconner8807:

Hi i am Bre i am 24years old, I have 5 kids, 1 is biological. My son is 5 and my stepdaughters are 9(twins) and 6 and my stepson is 4. I am not maired but i consider them mine but we have official combined familys back in September. The reason I joined is because i need some advice on how to help my twin girls... their dad has full custudy and i feel like there is something that would help them more... just not sure what and i dont think that i total agree on what he tells them but i do get why he is 

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Welcome to Stepmom Central Alejandra!

Quoting a.m.ratto:

HI, my name is Alejandra and I'm engaged to my fiance Mike who has full custody of his two wonderful children Schyler (11) and kaidence ( 9 ). I'm 23 years old and have been living with them for over a year now and i absulotely love it! I might be young but who knew i would step up to this role as a step mother. :)

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hi Tedra!

Quoting tcsteeves:

Hello, my name is Tedra.  I have been married since 2009 to my wonderful husband.  With that wonderful husband came my 12 year old step daughter, Sydney.  I also have a 3 year old daugher named Abby and a 9 month old boy named Dylan.  Unfortunately, my step daughter has made these last few years very stressful and uncomfortable for me.  Her father got custody of her a few years ago and since she doesn't want to live with us, she has made it very clear by being very disrespectful to me and blaming me for every negative feeling she has.  My husband feels trapped in the middle and sometimes I feel like I don't have his 100% support regarding matters pertaining to Sydney.  I need to talk to other moms who feel the same way and maybe can even offer me suggestions or advice on what I can do.  Sydney's biological mom talks to her every once in awhile on the phone, but she's really not involved in her life.  Any visitation has to be supervised.  I think just talking to other step moms will really help. 

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Welcome Tiffany!

Quoting Chkl8Qween2:

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)