Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (1581-1590):
MsFunkyChkn
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Hello!  My name is Martha, I have a wonderful ten year old from a previous relationship, and am married to a wonderful man with a teenaged daughter.  Being a step mom has been harder than being a mom to my son some days.  I am looking forward to getting to know others and seeing how they handle this, because it's tough.  She lives with us, since her mom is not entirely always there and present like a mom should be, so the daughter called my husband and asked if she could come live with us.  It was kind of weird, but we're glad she's here.  It's just tough.  Her mom not being a present parent has given way to some bad habits on the part of the child, and the child has had to be the adult when with her mom from time to time, so that shows up as well.

I don't have a lot of friends who are step moms, so I am excited to be here!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Welcome to the group!  We're pretty flexible, so bounce away. :)

Quoting thepromqueen:

I so need some fellow SM to bounce ideas off of. Im at a breaking point with BM, Im tired of being the bad guy.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting Spicy395:

7 years ago, I married a widower; he gave me a wonderful gift in 3 "ready made" daughters.  They are now 12 year old identical twins and a 9 yr. old girl.  Technically, I am step-mom but they are now my daughters.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hi Jessica!  Welcome to the group!

Quoting Tinkermom77:

Hello All. My name is Jessica and I am glad I found this group. DF/DH (not legally married but might as well be) have been together for almost 2 1/2 yrs but have known each other since high school. I have 2 girls from a prior marriage and he has 1 son. We are expecting our own together in April of 2013.  All 3 kids live with us full time. We have little issue with SS BM other than she would rather party than spend time with any of her kids. I am currently in a custody battle with my XH (aka DNA Donor) but not to worried about that. He and his new wife just keep digging their hole deeper and proving to the court that they are not appropriate for my girls to be alone with. SS is 10 and has started puberty so his attitude at times is a challenge. Also my oldest DD has a hard time getting close to DF. She hardly talks to him, even when he asks her a direct question. I know a big part of it is because of the way her DNA donor treated her when he choose to be in her life. She will start to open up to him one day but then shut herself off for weeks after. We do go to a counselor and that helps some but only sporadically.  I have been the only consistent adult in her day to day life until I allowed DF to meet the girls. Youngest DD doesn't even consider DNA Donor her father. DF has been Daddy to her since she was 18 months old. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Welcome Cassie, it's nice to meet you.

Quoting MommaC11:

Hi y'all. My name is Cassie, I'm 25, and my husband and I have full-custody of his seven year old daughter -- which is a relatively recent event for us. It's been a tough transition for the two of us, but we're trying to squeeze the Hell out of the lemons we've been given and make some damn good lemonade out of it!

Since I've move cross-country to settle in as a married family, I have been left with very little by way of friends or family. And by very little, I actually mean none within earshot that can offer a hug or true comfort when I'm struggling with it all.

I look foward to reading all y'alls stories and opinions.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Hi Martha, welcome to the group!

Quoting MsFunkyChkn:

Hello!  My name is Martha, I have a wonderful ten year old from a previous relationship, and am married to a wonderful man with a teenaged daughter.  Being a step mom has been harder than being a mom to my son some days.  I am looking forward to getting to know others and seeing how they handle this, because it's tough.  She lives with us, since her mom is not entirely always there and present like a mom should be, so the daughter called my husband and asked if she could come live with us.  It was kind of weird, but we're glad she's here.  It's just tough.  Her mom not being a present parent has given way to some bad habits on the part of the child, and the child has had to be the adult when with her mom from time to time, so that shows up as well.

I don't have a lot of friends who are step moms, so I am excited to be here!

laurahzn2boys
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much. I try so hard but most of the time I feel like it isnt good enough! I do not know my birth mom, all I had was my smom but to what she tells me it is good that I dont feel that I am doing enough because that means I want better. I have so many things that I need advice on. I think this is a good site. I can get advice from people that are going threw the same as I am. 

Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, hello! I'm Krystal, I'm a happily married mom. My husband is significantly older than me and we both have children from previous marriages, then have one child together (though woe betide anyone who dares to tell my husband or his sons that my son is not theirs, lol). He has two boys, the oldest is 21yo and just got engaged (YAY!!!) and the other is 19yo. My son is 9yo and has ADHD (another thing my husband has bonded with him on since he also has it), then we have our 4yo daughter. :)

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM

welcome to cafemom

Quoting 2ndHandWife:

Hi im new to cafe mom, but been step mom for 4 years now, they are 8 and 10 and live with my husband and i every other week, i have a 7 year old who lives with us full time she goes to her dads every other weekend....recently life had gotten stressful and i need some support and would like to ofter support to others as well 

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Welcome Michelle!

Quoting MrsRay78:

Hi my name is Michelle. I have a 2yo son and My 2 sds do 2 weeks here then 2 weeks at their bm's. things were really rough this year with them. What kind of issues are you having

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)