Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

My name's Jen, I have two boys of my own and have been in a relationship with a man who has three boys.  He has custody of his twins and the six of us live together.  We are getting married next month, so I'll offically be a stepmom then. I'm glad to say that most of the drama with his ex-wife is in the past.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hi Emily!  It's nice to meet you, too!  :)

Quoting Marie9076:

Hi, I'm Emily! I'm 21 and from GA! I have two stepkids, SS is 8 and with us during the week and EOW, and SS is 13 but he's with BM during the week and here EOW. DH and I have two boys together, they're 3 and 1. We have been together for 4 years and married for 3 (4 in June).
I'm glad to have found a group with women who have been in similar situations because I have NO friends who are stepparents. It always helps to have someone who can relate to you. Nice to meet you guys!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Welcome Jen!  Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Quoting boysmom5:

My name's Jen, I have two boys of my own and have been in a relationship with a man who has three boys.  He has custody of his twins and the six of us live together.  We are getting married next month, so I'll offically be a stepmom then. I'm glad to say that most of the drama with his ex-wife is in the past.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

binhhoaphuoc
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hi Everyone! 

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, and I am just a recently become step mother as age 63 to a SD of age 36 from a long-lost daughter of my husband of 26 years. I have no experience what and how to react. I am totally lost, and feel so abandon. I don't think I am a bad person, but like very much to get support from all of you have the experience before me.

Thanks advantage

Binhhoaphuoc

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

welcome

Quoting binhhoaphuoc:

Hi Everyone! 

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, and I am just a recently become step mother as age 63 to a SD of age 36 from a long-lost daughter of my husband of 26 years. I have no experience what and how to react. I am totally lost, and feel so abandon. I don't think I am a bad person, but like very much to get support from all of you have the experience before me.

Thanks advantage

Binhhoaphuoc

ADSA143
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Hi! My name is Melissa. I'm 24-years-old. I have been with my husband since August '06. I have two daughters with him and he has two sons from two previous relationships. I am the only wife though lol. My sons are Alex, 7 and Dakota 6. My daughters are Sophia 3 and Annika 18-months. Since '08 my husband has been going through hoops to see his son Alex. Alex's mother lost Alex to DYFS or CPS for 17-months, then lost him again for another 4 months while going to rehab. Now after his mom has had him back since November, Alex's Mom has put him back into the care of her grandmother. Dakota is my little man who has been with me thru thick and thin. While my husband was in Iraq he "took care" of me while I was pregnant with my daughter Sophia. We have a connection like no other.

rose0919
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

hi , im Rose. i have one daughter 11 and a step son 9. I divorced my daughters father 7 years ago and he has no contact with her(his  choice)  i have been with my fiance  for 5 years. and his son has been around  for about  4 years on and off. (his mother is very difficult to deal with) baby mama drama is putting it lightly. i need advice on how to deal with it

ADSA143
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I am here if you need me! Baby Mama drama is what I deal with...double time!

Quoting rose0919:

hi , im Rose. i have one daughter 11 and a step son 9. I divorced my daughters father 7 years ago and he has no contact with her(his  choice)  i have been with my fiance  for 5 years. and his son has been around  for about  4 years on and off. (his mother is very difficult to deal with) baby mama drama is putting it lightly. i need advice on how to deal with it

SeattleTriplets
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Hi, I'm Sharon.  I'm a quasi-step-mom to 6 yr old (almost 7 yr old) triplet girls.  I've chosen to seek out this site in an effort to find encouragement and advice from seasoned step moms.  I have been with their dad for a year and have been a part of their life on a semi-regular basis for 8 months.  They alternate weeks with mom and dad.  On the weeks that they are with dad, I've begun to develop a relationship with them and we seem to get along quite well.  I don't live with their dad full-time but I do stay over 2-3 nights during that week depending on my work schedule.

The greatest challenge for me is in adjusting to the role of step mom.  I do not have children of my own and am dealing with realities that I never will.  Not because of the triplets, but because of my age (39) and my health (family history of diabetes) that makes it not a viable option.  

Anyway, "Hi!" and thank you for letting me join the group, despite my not-yet-officially-mom stage.  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Welcome Melissa!

I love the connection you have with that little Dakota!  He sounds like a sweet boy.

Quoting ADSA143:

Hi! My name is Melissa. I'm 24-years-old. I have been with my husband since August '06. I have two daughters with him and he has two sons from two previous relationships. I am the only wife though lol. My sons are Alex, 7 and Dakota 6. My daughters are Sophia 3 and Annika 18-months. Since '08 my husband has been going through hoops to see his son Alex. Alex's mother lost Alex to DYFS or CPS for 17-months, then lost him again for another 4 months while going to rehab. Now after his mom has had him back since November, Alex's Mom has put him back into the care of her grandmother. Dakota is my little man who has been with me thru thick and thin. While my husband was in Iraq he "took care" of me while I was pregnant with my daughter Sophia. We have a connection like no other.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)