Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Welcome Rose!

Quoting rose0919:

hi , im Rose. i have one daughter 11 and a step son 9. I divorced my daughters father 7 years ago and he has no contact with her(his  choice)  i have been with my fiance  for 5 years. and his son has been around  for about  4 years on and off. (his mother is very difficult to deal with) baby mama drama is putting it lightly. i need advice on how to deal with it

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Welcome Sharon!

Quoting SeattleTriplets:

Hi, I'm Sharon.  I'm a quasi-step-mom to 6 yr old (almost 7 yr old) triplet girls.  I've chosen to seek out this site in an effort to find encouragement and advice from seasoned step moms.  I have been with their dad for a year and have been a part of their life on a semi-regular basis for 8 months.  They alternate weeks with mom and dad.  On the weeks that they are with dad, I've begun to develop a relationship with them and we seem to get along quite well.  I don't live with their dad full-time but I do stay over 2-3 nights during that week depending on my work schedule.

The greatest challenge for me is in adjusting to the role of step mom.  I do not have children of my own and am dealing with realities that I never will.  Not because of the triplets, but because of my age (39) and my health (family history of diabetes) that makes it not a viable option.  

Anyway, "Hi!" and thank you for letting me join the group, despite my not-yet-officially-mom stage.  

ember78
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Hello everyone!  My name is Veronica.  My husband and I have 3 kids--a 15 year old stepdaughter from DH first marriage, a 10 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.  DH and I have been together for almost 13 years now.   big smile mini  And I've been in SD's life for as long as she remembers.  Still definitely doesn't make stepparenting any easier so lately I've been searching for more SM who understand my situation.  I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting some great advice!

savvymom0811
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My name is Shana. I am 30 years old with an 11 year old daughter, a 6 month old daughter and a 6 year old stepson. I have been with my bf for 3 years. I'm having a difficult time with my stepson since our daughter was born. I have pretty much raised him since he was three, now is is pooping himself and lying. It is very difficult. I am here for advice and meeting other mothers and stepmothers

maryal
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Hi my name is maryal and I have been married to my husband for almost 6 years.  I have one son 14 from a previous relationship and have 2 step daughters 18 and 17.  I get along quite well with the girls and my son with them too. 

Janelle84
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hi, Im Janelle. Im 27 and the mother of three kids. I have an 11 month old baby boy as well as a 12 year old step son and 13 year old step daughter. My amazing husband and I have been married for almost to years and his 12 year old has recently come to live with us. As a new mom having a teenager who is going through puberty has been incredibly difficult! Hoping I can find some advice and santy through Cafemom!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Welcome Veronica!  You've come to the right place to find others who can relate/understand what you go through as a SM.  :)

Quoting ember78:

Hello everyone!  My name is Veronica.  My husband and I have 3 kids--a 15 year old stepdaughter from DH first marriage, a 10 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.  DH and I have been together for almost 13 years now.   big smile mini  And I've been in SD's life for as long as she remembers.  Still definitely doesn't make stepparenting any easier so lately I've been searching for more SM who understand my situation.  I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting some great advice!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Welcome Shana!  

I wonder if your SS isn't just regressing a little as he looks for some attention now that there's a new baby in the house.  Hopefully he'll move past this soon.

Quoting savvymom0811:

My name is Shana. I am 30 years old with an 11 year old daughter, a 6 month old daughter and a 6 year old stepson. I have been with my bf for 3 years. I'm having a difficult time with my stepson since our daughter was born. I have pretty much raised him since he was three, now is is pooping himself and lying. It is very difficult. I am here for advice and meeting other mothers and stepmothers

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Welcome Maryal!

Quoting maryal:

Hi my name is maryal and I have been married to my husband for almost 6 years.  I have one son 14 from a previous relationship and have 2 step daughters 18 and 17.  I get along quite well with the girls and my son with them too. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi Janelle, welcome to Stepmom Central!  You'll get plenty of support and advice here.  :)

Quoting Janelle84:

Hi, Im Janelle. Im 27 and the mother of three kids. I have an 11 month old baby boy as well as a 12 year old step son and 13 year old step daughter. My amazing husband and I have been married for almost to years and his 12 year old has recently come to live with us. As a new mom having a teenager who is going through puberty has been incredibly difficult! Hoping I can find some advice and santy through Cafemom!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)