Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (511-520):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Welcome Dreama! 

Quoting Frustrated0113:

Hello my name is Dreama and I'm a step mother.  I am recently in a custody battle over my step son and just want to see if anyone else has been through this?  Did your outcome come out well? If so what steps were taken?  I really want my step son to be with me because I feel that's in his best interest. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Welcome!  You can always vent to us here.  :)

Quoting wkdwytch:

Hi, I am a mom of 2 teens and 2 stekids-13 and 4. Lots of mama drama with the mother of the 4 year old (DH has been married twice and has kids with each wife.) Looking for a place I can vent without driving the rest of the world crazy! LOL. Thanks!

darceybelow
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hey ladies! :)

My name is Darcey, i'm 24 years old, recently engaged to the most wonderful man that I could ever lay my heart on! Together we have four sons. Two his from his previous marriage and two mine from my previous sperm donor. I've decided to join Cafemom for certain reasons like any other woman with children. Advice, support, to be able to vent and make friends with mothers like me! It's hard to find a decent woman to talk to these days and call a true listener without the added drama and selfishness! haha :) Don't get me wrong, Im there just as much for anyone else as I possibly can be as a friend.

I am very excited to get this going. Stepmoms rock!

monkey411
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I'm CG. Momma to 2 biological kids, 1 angel, and 2 steps. I am raising one sd full-time and she is with us 100% of the time. We live in Canada. Sd is 4 years old. I have been married to her dad for just over 2 years and been together for 3. Having a lot of struggles with the dynamics of our family.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Darcey.  Congrats on your engagement!  :)

Quoting darceybelow:

Hey ladies! :)

My name is Darcey, i'm 24 years old, recently engaged to the most wonderful man that I could ever lay my heart on! Together we have four sons. Two his from his previous marriage and two mine from my previous sperm donor. I've decided to join Cafemom for certain reasons like any other woman with children. Advice, support, to be able to vent and make friends with mothers like me! It's hard to find a decent woman to talk to these days and call a true listener without the added drama and selfishness! haha :) Don't get me wrong, Im there just as much for anyone else as I possibly can be as a friend.

I am very excited to get this going. Stepmoms rock!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Welcome to the group CG!

Quoting monkey411:

I'm CG. Momma to 2 biological kids, 1 angel, and 2 steps. I am raising one sd full-time and she is with us 100% of the time. We live in Canada. Sd is 4 years old. I have been married to her dad for just over 2 years and been together for 3. Having a lot of struggles with the dynamics of our family.

Zoey0516
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Hello ladies, my name is Mary and I am a mother to 1 biological 16yr old daughter and 2 stepsons from 2 different mothers. I am here to look for advice and vent about my frustrations and see where it takes me.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Welcome Mary!

Quoting Zoey0516:

Hello ladies, my name is Mary and I am a mother to 1 biological 16yr old daughter and 2 stepsons from 2 different mothers. I am here to look for advice and vent about my frustrations and see where it takes me.

momx2stepmomx1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I am a BM to one son with another on the way, and a SM to a daughter who is 9. DH and I have been married for 2.5 yrs. We were both married before. The XW/BM to my SM and my DH have been divorced 5 yrs. I came into the pic after the fact. I own a business which allows me to stay home. It is very important to me that we have a healthy, fun, active household.  After dealing with an ugly XW/BM for 4 yrs, I have finally learned that I cannot change the situation but only learn to live with it in a positive manner, setting an example of emotional stability and love regardless of how others behave.  It is beyond difficult sometimes and comes with a lot of tears, so I need all the support I can get.  Glad to have found you!

momx2stepmomx1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Hi Dreama, I am a SM to a SD who is 9.  Her dad and I have been together for 2.5 yrs.  It has been incredibly rough.  But I have learned that I am here only to love and support my DH and his daughter because at the end of the day, she will choose her biological parents over me any day.  It is just the way of the world (I hope my kids do the same).  Having said that, i do believe that it is in a child's best intersest to be an equal part of both parents' lives...which definitely includes step parents.  I think as humans we like to get into a competition with others because we believe we are right and better as parents and people in general.  But kids suffer when their parents are withheld from them.  I guess I believe the only way we would fight for full custody is if my SD was really in danger when she was with her BM....even though I don't like the BM I don't think it would benefit my SD to not be with her.  She would grow up resenting us from keeping her from her mother.   I believe you are fulfilling your own selfish needs and not looking out for the best interest of the child if she is not in danger with her BM.

What has happened?  Why are you wanting to get full custody?  Where is the BD?

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)