Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Welcome! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself:
Welcome to Stepmom Central! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

Join us in Stepmom Central 

by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Replies (671-680):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Welcome & congrats on your new marriage!

Quoting sweetk11:

Hi...I am a new member :)  I recently became a step mom to three kids ages 10, 13, and 18.  I also have a son of my own who is 11.  I guess I never relized how difficult it is being a step-parent.  We lived together for a while before getting married, which I am very glad we did.  I figured that it would get easier as time went on, but I feel like it is just getting harder.  Sometimes I feel like I am just there and everything revolves around my husbands kids because there is 3 of them against me and my 1.  My child gets along great with the kids and I am so happy they do.  I guess I just feel like I do so much for them and I am not appreciated or respected.  I also can't stand my husband ex!  We provide her with plenty of child support, insurance, and we provide so much for his kids and she just keeps wanting more!  I went from being just my child and I to a family of six.  There are so many things I wish we could do, but mannn it is expensive!  Will things ever get better instead of worse???  I love our blended family, but at times it can be so difficult! :/   

GoodIntent
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Greetings everyone! My name is Da'Maris and I'm a step-parent of two teenage boys and one adult young lady. I have been married to by husband for over 4 years now and we dated for 3 1/2 prior to getting married. I joined Cafe Mom to for a safe place to vent and to get some much needed guidance on dealing with "it" all. Currently we are in court for custody of the boys because there are so many issues involved that are negatively affecting the adolescent kids. 

sinorden1
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Hello my name is Stephanie. I have 3 kids. A 10 yr old daughter from previous marriage, a 3 yr old step son and a 41/2 month old son by my current.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Welcome Da'Maris!  It's great to meet you.

Quoting GoodIntent:

Greetings everyone! My name is Da'Maris and I'm a step-parent of two teenage boys and one adult young lady. I have been married to by husband for over 4 years now and we dated for 3 1/2 prior to getting married. I joined Cafe Mom to for a safe place to vent and to get some much needed guidance on dealing with "it" all. Currently we are in court for custody of the boys because there are so many issues involved that are negatively affecting the adolescent kids. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

welcome

Quoting sinorden1:

Hello my name is Stephanie. I have 3 kids. A 10 yr old daughter from previous marriage, a 3 yr old step son and a 41/2 month old son by my current.

ksb0919
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hi! My name is Kelly. I am a 41 year old mom of  21 and 18 year old daughters. And stepmom to 6 more - 15 year old twins,  a 14 year old, a 10 year old, and a 4 year old stepdaughters and a 7 year old stepson. YUP!! You read that right. LOL There are 8 kids in the house. Seven girls and one boy.

My two are in college and living at home. The rest are in high school, elementary school and day care. Life is very crazy at our house. Sometimes things are absolutely wonderful!! Sometimes I struggle, that's why I am here. :) I am hoping that I can get some good advice along the way and maybe give some as well.

MamaZ75
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Hey there! I'm Laura and I have 3 kids (10, 8 and 6) that I share custody with although my oldest refuses to see me. I am also getting remarried next month and will become a SM to 2 amazing kids (11 and 8). I am excited about joining the CafeMom as I NEED a place to vent to others that can relate. :-)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Welcome Kelly!

Quoting ksb0919:

Hi! My name is Kelly. I am a 41 year old mom of  21 and 18 year old daughters. And stepmom to 6 more - 15 year old twins,  a 14 year old, a 10 year old, and a 4 year old stepdaughters and a 7 year old stepson. YUP!! You read that right. LOL There are 8 kids in the house. Seven girls and one boy.

My two are in college and living at home. The rest are in high school, elementary school and day care. Life is very crazy at our house. Sometimes things are absolutely wonderful!! Sometimes I struggle, that's why I am here. :) I am hoping that I can get some good advice along the way and maybe give some as well.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM

welcome

Quoting MamaZ75:

Hey there! I'm Laura and I have 3 kids (10, 8 and 6) that I share custody with although my oldest refuses to see me. I am also getting remarried next month and will become a SM to 2 amazing kids (11 and 8). I am excited about joining the CafeMom as I NEED a place to vent to others that can relate. :-)

MaMaB0701
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Hello! My name is Bernadette. I have 3 grown children. I recently got remarried and have a 3 year old stepson. I have never join any kind or support groups before. I don't even have a face book. So this is my first and kinda nervous and excited. I lost all my friends in my divorce so feel alone most times. so I guess you can say I am startng over in life at44. Sad I know lol. Looking forward to chatting.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)