Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phone calls

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just curious- how often do your skids talk to their bm when they are at your house? My SD6 is here Su M T and EOSat. BM wants to talk to her on M T and sometimes the weekend too. It seems to throw her off when SD talks to BM because it makes it hard for her to settle in to our routine if she keeps getting reminded how tempory her stay is.But maybe I'm just being catty and not wanting BM to try to control everything. Thoughts? I'm tough so don't feel bad if you want to tell me how foolish I am. Thanks!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

They don't. They are here from friday nights til Sunday nights during school year. Holidays and school breaks-here-they don't call. Summer Thursday til monday-still no calls. Now if she were to call to talk to me or DH and they wanted to say hi-they do. But it's rare for them to wanna call her to check in.

jenessamarie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Probably catty. But human. Recognizing this is the first step :) good for you. Be happy that she has a mommy that cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Once a day is a reasonable amount of time to talk to the other parent.  

JustaSM231
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM
My SD are hereevrry other week. BM and DH have shared custody. BM calls at least once a day and we encourage phone calls. Don't always like it becaus BM is always telling them how much she misses them and I think thats hard on the kids. Like you said its hard for them tosettle in when they feel like BM is lonely. But we encourage the open communication. In the long run I think its best for their relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangilyn
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM

It was so often that it was one of the reasons DH filed for change of custody. It was over 30 times in one day. It was alienating, intrusive, and just stupid. And SS was not a little boy at the time, he was over 13. And yes, it does through things off especially if the BM, like ours, was going on and on about missing him so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)