Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

barely in the door tonight before I get told to lay off ss

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
I got home a few minutes before my SO. I started cleaning my ss bearded dragon cage. As I am outside shaking off poop, they pull up in the driveway. I get the horn beeped at me to help with groceries, then ss come in the house behind me. After placing stuff in kitchen I turn to walk back out for more when I see ss left door wide open. As I am passing him, I remind him not to leave the door wide open. SO walks in soon after, I get the rest and bring them in the house. I resume cleaning cage and SO walks into ss room where I am and says 'don't fuss at him, he thought he was helping'. Now I understand he thought he was helping, but keeping the door cracked is just as effective. But I h when the first thing out of my wifes mouth is to reprimand me for 'fussing' at him. I get so angry. I can't stand being treated like I did something wrong for wanting the door shut. I retreatI got home a few minutes before my SO. I started cleaning my ss bearded dragon cage. As I am outside shaking off poop, they pull up in the driveway. I get the horn beeped at me to help with groceries, then ss come in the house behind me. After placing stuff in kitchen I turn to walk back out for more when I see ss left door wide open. As I am passing him, I remind him not to leave the door wide open. SO walks in soon after, I get the rest and bring them in the house. I resume cleaning cage and SO walks into ss room where I am and says 'don't fuss at him, he thought he was helping'. Now I understand he thought he was helping, but keeping the door cracked is just as effective. But I h when the first thing out of my wifes mouth is to reprimand me for 'fussing' at him. I get so angry. I can't stand being treated like I did something wrong for wanting the door shut. I retreatI got home a few minutes before my SO. I started cleaning my ss bearded dragon cage. As I am outside shaking off poop, they pull up in the driveway. I get the horn beeped at me to help with groceries, then ss come in the house behind me. After placing stuff in kitchen I turn to walk back out for more when I see ss left door wide open. As I am passing him, I remind him not to leave the door wide open. SO walks in soon after, I get the rest and bring them in the house. I resume cleaning cage and SO walks into ss room where I am and says 'don't fuss at him, he thought he was helping'. Now I understand he thought he was helping, but keeping the door cracked is just as effective. But I h when the first thing out of my wifes mouth is to reprimand me for 'fussing' at him. I get so angry. I can't stand being treated like I did something wrong for wanting the door shut. I retreatI got home a few minutes before my SO. I started cleaning my ss bearded dragon cage. As I am outside shaking off poop, they pull up in the driveway. I get the horn beeped at me to help with groceries, then ss come in the house behind me. After placing stuff in kitchen I turn to walk back out for more when I see ss left door wide open. As I am passing him, I remind him not to leave the door wide open. SO walks in soon after, I get the rest and bring them in the house. I resume cleaning cage and SO walks into ss room where I am and says 'don't fuss at him, he thought he was helping'. Now I understand he thought he was helping, but keeping the door cracked is just as effective. But I h when the first thing out of my wifes mouth is to reprimand me for 'fussing' at him. I get so angry. I can't stand being treated like I did something wrong for wanting the door shut. I retreat to our bedroomed to our bedroom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
YesImMomToo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Wow what happened with your post?

Please use paragraphs

ariesp19
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

she posted the same thing a few times...

whatIknownow
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Are you a man?  I notice you said "the first thing out of my wife's mouth."

ETA: nevermind, read your other post. got it.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Sounds like normal marital bliss. I would suggest speaking about your feelings later on with SO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM

groceries....in and out to the car. door open because hands are full. What is the problem?

yesmaam
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I leave the door open when unloading groceries, even this time of year.

So are you more upset b/c SS left the door open, b/c DH first words were negative to you rather than hi honey how was your day?

How old is SS, is he capable of cleaning out his bearded dragon's cage himself? I love bearded dragons!

amarz2135
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Thanks for the reality check. I was more upset that the first thing out of my SO's mouth was negative, rather than the door being left open. I know I need to relax about the little things. I find it hard when I know there are bigger issues.

SS is only 7, so until he is a little older, taking care of the dragon falls to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pero
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting amarz2135:

Thanks for the reality check. I was more upset that the first thing out of my SO's mouth was negative, rather than the door being left open. I know I need to relax about the little things. I find it hard when I know there are bigger issues.

SS is only 7, so until he is a little older, taking care of the dragon falls to me.

Did you buy the dragon?

newstepmom61811
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM
No, taking care of the dragon falls to daddy...if you can't correct SS, you shouldn't be doing for him either, that's double standard crap!

Quoting amarz2135:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)