Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be upset at him over this or am I being a mean sm

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay we had our day planned, Eat breakfast get ready and take the kids out to go buy a rabbit.They have been wanting one. While df is making breakfast I go use the bathroom which is right next to 16yr old sd. heard a loud bang but I thought she was just rearranging her room and thought nothing of it.When df gets her to come and eat he calls me to her room, she had a huge bump right on her eyelid.She told him she woke up w/it.I told her she must of bumped her face on the wallwhile she was sleeping and I told df I had heard a lound bump earlier.So we gave her a bag of ice to put on it..Shes doing okay now, I had checked her again just  to make sure she can see w/that eye. Well a little while ago I asked him what time were we leaving and he tells me that we are not going anywhere anymore because his daughter has a swollen eye. I asked him what are we going to tell our kids when they ask us about going out, so he asked me if I would go out w/an eye like that.I told him that it wasnt that bad& i would just put make up over it.Now he tells me that we are not doing anything today because of that eye. I mean its not that bad, i think she can just cover it p w/makeup or her bangs,its not a black eye & it doesnt go around her entire eye,its only where you put eye shadow.I ased her if it hurts and she said no.Am I being mean for still wanting to take the kids out or is he just being overdramatic?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellokittyy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

id take the kids. 

hellokittyy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM

did she say she didnt wanna go ??

sebbysmama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Is still go out with the kids, she not sick. Is ask her if she still wants to go and maybe ask her if she would let you cover it up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabby06
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM

No she hasnt mentioned anyhing. I was going to ask him what does she want to do either stay or go but since hes beng all dramatic over it, i dont even want to ask.

Quoting hellokittyy:

hellokittyy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM

yeah sounds like hes being over dramatic or he just doesnt wanna go.

ask her and just see if she does ?

Quoting gabby06:

No she hasnt mentioned anyhing. I was going to ask him what does she want to do either stay or go but since hes beng all dramatic over it, i dont even want to ask.

Quoting hellokittyy:

angelmommy2806
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I'd still go out with the kids. If he doesn't want her to go out then he can stay home with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatislife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

If she is 16 can she just stay home?  Sounds like a little too much drama for the situation (on her and dh's part)

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

No need to be upset at him, just take your kids and do what was planned.

ec_mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Just go on with your day as planned. Ask SD if she wants to go, if not 16 is old enough to stay on her own...it doesn't sound like you'd be gone all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

tell him to down some midol-change his damn tampax and get over himself

then just take kids and go et them their bunny rabbit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)