Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM sends dirty kids

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

Bm dropped the kids off today.  She tells DH that they must get a bath today because they haven't had one.  We still are not sure how long it's been.  But I do know that's she's been using baby powder on them, i guess to cover up the smell?  It's been 6 hours and DH is still waiting for her to respond to the text.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy0505
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Text about what?  If they are dirty, they are dirty... 

At least she didn't drop them off at school like that & neither of you were seen with said dirty/smelly kids...

paladinmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
If BM hasn't replied, she probably isn't going to. Just document what happened and hope she does better next time.
What did the kids say about how long it's been?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faeta
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM
how old are they?

sadly, its not against the law to not bath your kids. My hubbys sisters kids dont bath, brush their teeth or hair regularly.

they come here or we see them cause we are taking them shopping and they stink so fn bad.

when they stay the weekend i make em brush their teeth and hair once a day/morning and shower when they get here and at least every other day.

i wont let them come over if they have lice (an ongoing problem at their house).

i apparently am a bitch for wanting cleanlyness. But i got tired of throwing up when i sat next to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Is this an ongoing thing, or is this the first time? If its the first time let it go, just give them a bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriDeen
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this

What's the point of waiting? Just give them a bath and move on. Scorekeeping is futile.

nmaxwell816
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

SS is two and SD is four.  SD says she does remember.  She finally responded.  Thursday was the last time she bathed them.

Quoting paladinmom:

If BM hasn't replied, she probably isn't going to. Just document what happened and hope she does better next time.

packermomof2
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My ex used to not bathe the kids at all on his weekends or for most of his summer weeks (we'd do week on / week off).  Kids came here alive so I didn't make it a hill to die on.  I just bathed them when they walked in. 

At one point I just started bathing them before he picked htem up on Fridays and when they got home Monday morning they'd be filthy and I would wash em up again. 

Documenting would have been a waste of my time as no one looked at my documentation the first time around.  So I just did what had to be done and let it go.

paladinmom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

For me personally, sometimes in the winter, my kids will go two days without a shower/bath.  Half of them have eczema and to bathe them every day makes it worse.  But, three days is pushing it, especially if they are in diapers and pull ups imo.  I can't stand the smell that comes off of a child if they are in diapers and haven't been bathed at LEAST eod!  kwim?  

It also (for me) depends on age.  My boys are starting to carry a bit of BO now that they are hitting the beginnings of puberty.  So, I push more for EOD with bathing.  The girls, they would love to bathe twice a day if I let them!  Heck, two of them had baths back to back (within an hour of the first one) last night because I was bathing them separately!  lol

Quoting nmaxwell816:

SS is two and SD is four.  SD says she does remember.  She finally responded.  Thursday was the last time she bathed them.

Quoting paladinmom:

paladinmom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting packermomof2:

My ex used to not bathe the kids at all on his weekends or for most of his summer weeks (we'd do week on / week off).  Kids came here alive so I didn't make it a hill to die on.  I just bathed them when they walked in. 

At one point I just started bathing them before he picked htem up on Fridays and when they got home Monday morning they'd be filthy and I would wash em up again. 

Documenting would have been a waste of my time as no one looked at my documentation the first time around.  So I just did what had to be done and let it go.

BM bathes them the moment they walk in her door.  It doesn't matter if they showered before they left to go see her or not.  They could have on brand new clothes, and she'll say they came nasty and dirty... YET, she doesn't push brushing teeth twice a day, and their teeth will be BROWN from all the sugary substances they've eaten... How to deal with that one?  

DH doesn't complain, we just help them scrub their teeth to keep them healthy.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

give it up-just bathe them and move on-my skids dont bath all week-then come down friday funky as can be-SD's a grease pit because BM coats her hair in baby oil (supposedly it cures dry skin)

and ss looks like a crud ball-i just hose them down or run them thru the car wash

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)