Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Anyone else deal with this? (mostly just a vent about sd)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

My SD (9) and I used to get along really well.  I have been with DH for 5 years now.  As she has gotten older, we seem to clash more.  The main problem in my eyes is her attitude.  You would think she was 16 from her attitude.  And the big problem is that I don't put up with it in my home and I flat out tell her it's not acceptible.  I know I'm not mom etc etc, but in my home there are rules and i expect all kids (step or bio) to follow them.  She does NOT listen to me or respect me anymore. 

I realize that some of this may just be her age and also that my DH and I have a son together now.  He will be 1 year old in a week.  Plus her wonderful BM is back in her stage of COMPLETELY ignoring her daughter b/c she has a new boyfriend who she spends all of her time and attention on. 

I know with these changes kids act up.  You can't even believe how desperate sd is for her BM's attention right now.  She's so desperate that it's very sad and difficult to watch. 

But my main thing right now is that I have NO patience left for her attitude.  I am just so irritated that she always acts like such a brat now.  I don't know what to do.  I realize I'm not her mom, but as I've told her I am her stepmom and when she is in our home she needs to treat me like a regular person.  She is not allowed to treat me with disrespect.  That is how I feel.    I also think that her BM's super negative attitude about everything is rubbing off on her more and more now that she's getting a little older.  Especially because she doesn't want to upset her mom in any way because then bm might ignore her even more. 

I love my sd, but find it increasingly difficult to put up with her bad behavior.  I also feel like if we don't get things on track now, it's going to be horrendous when she actually IS a teenager. 

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammyJK
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Do we have the same sd? Lol My sd just turned 9 and has the attitude from hell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akm378mn
by Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Maybe!  It'slike she can't say ANYTHING without giving major attitude!! 

I feel bad b/c maybe if she was my biokid I would have  a little more patience? 

But it's good to know I'm not the only one at least. 

SammyJK
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I doubt it. I dont have any patience for my bks attitudes either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Is it just attitude that you're having an issue with still?  

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

LOL, my own BIO DD is having these issues right now. You would think her eyes would stick in the back of her head as much as they roll around in her head. It is a variety for my DD, her bio-dad is MIA again, she is getting boobs, which she hates.

I have NO patience for attitude, no matter whose kid you are.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM
There's that 'I love her but....'

She's a preteen girl. Join the club. And I have no one telling my child anything about me. She's hormonal and moody and she can't grasp that I do know some things in life because ... I've been there... And I'm a girl too... And I've had a mother MY ENTIRE life.. And and and ... It's an age thing. No one is immune.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Lmao! There you go bumping posts. You rotten thing you lol I commented like it was cool

Quoting DDDaysh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMama030912
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM
It's normal !!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Dd has done this starting at tht age. Usually around the middle of the month. It's hormonal lol. She's gearing up to become a crazy teen!
bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Crap. I did the same lol

Quoting momof2ex1:

Lmao! There you go bumping posts. You rotten thing you lol I commented like it was cool

Quoting DDDaysh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)