Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

You must be bitter...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 281 Replies
1 mom liked this

if you don't want a SM who pushes herself into situations she doesn't need to be, you must be bitter.

If you don't want to let SM take visitation instead of the dad... you must be bitter.  Or controlling.  Probably both.

If you don't cut your ex some slack on helping out with the kids he helped make because he has a new family going on... you must be bitter.

If you don't care about SM's kids enough to cut dad the financial slack he needs to better take care of those kids... you must be bitter. 

If you say you hope the kids your ex's wife has are doing well... you must be bitter. 

If you can't figure out when you're supposed to care about the kids vs. when you're not... you must be stupid.

If you feel the parents can communicate and don't want to talk to SM... you must be bitter.  And want your ex back.

If you take care of your kids and have custody of them and there is no room for SM to "step in" ... you must be bitter and territorial.

If you dont' understand that "the more people that love your kid" actually translates to mom doesn't care enough about her kids to let me do x, y, or z... again, you're just too stupid to actually have kids since you obviously don't know what is best for them.

If your idea of "kids best interest" doesn't match up to SM's and you do what you feel is best without regard for what SM thinks is... you must be bitter. 

Forget the fact that dad was probably okay with the way things were going until he had a wife to point out the error of mom's way to him, forget the fact that in most cases it is a SM who is married to the NCP who has most of these complaints, and forget the fact that kids are actually doing well without you changing things up so that new girl can feel important... cause if you don't forget all that?  You must be bitter.

by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
r_h_stepmom
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
11 moms liked this

Are you a Stepmom? Didn't think so. You know what they say, "Don't knock it until you try it." This is a group for Stepmoms to find support from other Stepmoms. If you don't like what you are reading... leave the group! 

gr8d8n3mom
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here yet.

packermomof2
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Quoting r_h_stepmom:

Are you a Stepmom? Didn't think so. You know what they say, "Don't knock it until you try it." This is a group for Stepmoms to find support from other Stepmoms. If you don't like what you are reading... leave the group! 

Have you read some of the same crappy situations I've been reading about?  Why would I want to be a SM if all it is about is trying to control the situation with other people's kids and whining when no one cares that I want them changed? 

packermomof2
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here yet.

I feel that way about many of the new posts that are written... mom won't care that dad has kids to support... mom said the clothes from last year are too small and won't give them to us, mom won't talk to me... those are not exactly enlightening ... they don't even border on ridiculous.  They just are in a few of the cases.

r_h_stepmom
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
21 moms liked this

Believe it or not, there are women out there who drop everything in their lives to take care of children that they did not give birth to. They HAVE to do everything a MOM SHOULD do and get NO respect. 

Like I said, if you don't like what you read here... LEAVE THE GROUP! 

Some of us women who DO love our step kids could really use the support! 

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting r_h_stepmom:

Have you read some of the same crappy situations I've been reading about?  Why would I want to be a SM if all it is about is trying to control the situation with other people's kids and whining when no one cares that I want them changed? 

atownrb
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

It bothered you so much that you started a whole new thread about it? WOW! It seems that you think only your opinion is right and only your way of doing things is right and it doesn't matter that you don't know the whole story to everyone elses situations.

thatislife
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM
4 moms liked this
She's just baiting you sm's...
packermomof2
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quoting r_h_stepmom:

Believe it or not, there are women out there who drop everything in their lives to take care of children that they did not give birth to. They HAVE to do everything a MOM SHOULD do and get NO respect. 

I know there are.  This was not aimed at those who actually have crappy moms.  You'd know that if you read to the end of the post.  The part that says that it is mostly spouses of NCP's who make these complaints should have given it away that it was aimed at spouses of NCP's who are making the complaints...

Like I said, if you don't like what you read here... LEAVE THE GROUP!   No.  I like it enough to stick around and occasionally paraphrase what is being said to moms by the ones whose husbands either 1) don't have custody or 2) who just got custody and they want things changed the second the kids changed addresses.

Some of us women who DO love our step kids could really use the support!   I have no problem supporting those who actually need it.  But a SM whining that mom won't call the house phone to talk to her kids?  Does not need support.  A SM who thinks mom is a bitter old hag for not caring that dad procreated more doesn't need support. 

jessiesluv
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM
15 moms liked this

Ah, yes, the bait.

But, since I am bored..

Packer I honestly feel that your situation has caused you to be bitter. And thats only because of the way you respond to posts and the posts you make. I have heard bits and pieces of your story and can see why you would feel this way. But there comes a time that you need to let go of the anger. Not to mention, there also comes a time that you need to realize you aren't always right and everyone's situation is not like yours.

Yes, there are bitter BMs out there who want the control. Yes, there are overstepping SMs out there who also want the control. We have had 700 posts about this in here. But just because you went through what you did, doesn't mean everybody else's situation is like yours.

packermomof2
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quoting thatislife:

She's just baiting you sm's...

Nah... I just made a post that paraphrased what some SM's, normally of the NCP variety, like to say to moms when moms explain why they feel the NCP SM doesn't need to do something.  I wrote a post based on what has been said a lot lately... doesn't apply to you?  Don't answer.  Don't want to answer?  Don't.  I really don't care. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)