Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How many stepmoms feel like a......

Maid?
Checkbook?
Chauffeur ?
Personal chef?
Referee?
Personal assistant?

Not because of their husbands- but due to the bm in their life? How many if us go into our marriages being the first one that is called about everything- until something happens -(possibly a kid feels maternal love)- and bm freaks out and suddenly has a problem with sm. This also seems to happen a lot around the time sm and daddy have their own baby I have noticed. Anyway usually at this point bm decides dad should be doiing more- and it doesn't matter what it is that she expects if dad doesn't do exactly as bm asks then he is labeled a horrible father who puts his "other" family first. I know I have lived this story- and have read different variations of it on here a million times. Anyone else experience this ?
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Replies (41-43):
cherylam
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I am the checkbook, personal assistant, maid and dog sitter for my darling SD...and she lives in Alabama.  I sew semi professionally, so I make clothes & quilts, soap and candles.  I get a phone call every 2-3 months for money (DH doesn't make enough to really help her, so he comes to me for money for her), and when she moved she couldn't take her dog with her.  We drove down, picked up the dog, treated the poor thing for fleas, got her shots and spayed.  Now it looks like the little pooch is here to stay, SD is moving again and won't be able to keep her.  It's a good thing I really like dogs, lol.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

This is kinda sad.. Does ur skid feel u don't love them cuz u don't care?

Quoting newwife1:

Not me. Not at all.

I have zero responsibility and don't want any. I don't even know where his school is, have never done a pick up or drop off. Couldn't tell you the name of his doctor, nor do I care to know.

He has 2 capable parents that handle everything. I am not needed and I don't want to be needed. I'm about as hands off as a SM can get:)

Why is this sad?

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I don't feel like any of those at all. I do nothing for SS, I am just the nice lady his Dad married and mother of his half siblings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)