Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skids games?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have three skids in three sports. One in theatre. I go to the games and DH paces the sidelines. I wonder if the skids care if I go. I enjoy 2 of the 3. One just sucks at sports and it is like watching a train wreck. I try to say something positive but I'm not a good liar. So I sit on the stands alone most times thinking this. I'm only interested in COD answers. BM has asked that I not attend. But I don't care about her feelings anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My ss's care if I am there, always have.  BM can ask all day long for you not to be there, but you don't have to do what she says.

WickedWeino
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM

They care-even if they won't say it.  When I first started going to my ss's little league games I was sure he didn't care, but as soon as I missed one he was upset with me.  As far as BM-I'm sure she'd like to ask you not to live with her ex-husband also but...

looneytunes290
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I went to everything for years- I was nc sm I wasted my time- they never cared I never cared- my hubby wanted there which is why I went. I will say this though - most of the things I did like this I did for hubby and he has told meany times how much he appreciates it. I do think it made our marriage stronger. He knew I was willing to do things I didn't like for him - that is a big plus
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Lol ok this made me laugh! Yes they care if you go! F bm...be there for them, even the one who is bad in sports...try to find something positive to say that is not a lie...like wow you run fast. You really pay attention out there...or How about just a.." i am proud of you for trying" it is hard to get back out in the field when you know you suck...this is coming from a girl who sucked at softball but played for three years and neither parent came to watch her...I sucked and I knew it....
MomTo1StepTo2
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I think it completely depends on the child. It seems that my ss and sd only care to say something if i'm not there or if their dad cannot make it, due to our baby. They both like to manipulate as much as possible, and it doesn't matter how much I've showed them I care or have done things for them. Unfortunately, they are partially like this because of BM.

Faeta
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM
i would go to support dh and kids.

bm never went to the 3 sk things until she found out i was going. She didnt really last going either, sort of like a phase. Every once in a while shed show up, make a sceen, and be gone.

it hurt her kids feelings. The high school here does at least one concert with the middle school. Shed come and watch her other kids play but leave after and not even watch any of her older boys. Its not a long event, each grade plays one song.

i am a camera whore. So i go, take pics then later scrapbook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I can't answer as a COD.... But as a child.... I knew when a parent, aunt or uncle or grandparent was in the audience. And I knew they were there to support me and my interest.... Even though I sucked at tennis. Or the play was lousy.
newtothismi
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I have been trying to make as many games of soccer that I could go to, without missing my own kids' events.  We have 5 together, so often we divide and conquer.  BM treats me like a leper at all the skids events.  Which, in turn, made the skids act like they were balancing on a trapese to make us all feel welcome and loved (sweet but sad to see SD10 run between BM and me to make sure we knew she was happy we were there).  I just came out and asked at our family dinner..."I wonder....do you like it when I come the your games?  Its just that I hope you dont feel weird that I am there with dad watching too. I can cheer you on from anywhere...home too."  I got a resounding "Yes!!"  I have gone ever since.  BM....still hates me.  But whatever....Im not there to interfere or make an impression for her.  I just love the skids.

newtothismi
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Quoting Faeta:

i would go to support dh and kids.

bm never went to the 3 sk things until she found out i was going. She didnt really last going either, sort of like a phase. Every once in a while shed show up, make a sceen, and be gone.

it hurt her kids feelings. The high school here does at least one concert with the middle school. Shed come and watch her other kids play but leave after and not even watch any of her older boys. Its not a long event, each grade plays one song.

i am a camera whore. So i go, take pics then later scrapbook.

Same here...almost tho.  BM hardly ever went to anything the 3 skids were doing.  I started showing up and so did she.  She hardly misses now...its been about 6 months.  I hope she continues.....

sassystepmom5
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
You can understand and respect BM'S feelings, but that's as far as it should go. You are allowed to go to any sporting events with the permission of your husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured