Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Would you include step kids?

If you ever got a tattoo, or birthstone ring, or anything else like that, where it has all he kids names or something to symbolize them.....woul you include your step kids or just add your bio kids?

I'm planning a tattoo of a Celtic knot with each kid represented in it. I will of course add SD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
....ClvrScn.
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Tattoo...nope. ring maybe.. a necklace.. yes..
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I just ordered a custom birthstone ring.  It's a very simple sterling band (looks like a Tiffany stackable ring) and has an emerald (for fiance'), an aquamarine (for me and his twins, we're all born in March) and an alexandrite (for my son, who's born in June).  And it will be inscribed inside the band, G&S + 3 :-)  I was thinking about having the same thing inscribed on his wedding band when we get married.

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I like it!!!  You have Hawaiian feet! :-)

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

This is for the kids (bio and step) oldest to youngest. They picked the color of their flower.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope for tattoos. I would not include them...and it's not because I don't like them.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting any name on my body unless it was from a person I felt I could "claim" for life-such as my child. 

Birthstones are not a big deal so if my dh wanted to include his on a gift for me that would be ok.

wife_to_eric
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I'm actually getting a tattoo and SD is included, I have a butterfly on my back and I am going to have water lillies (my birth flower) added around it , each flower will be a different color to represent their birthstone. I would not get names tattooed on me ever, just my preference. All of my "mothers" jewelry includes SD, even my moms jewlery (grandmothers necklace and bracelet) includes SD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThePinkRobot
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
No way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaslilbear10
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM

maybe a ring for now,but other than that no... not right now... some kind of jewelry would be more acceptable to me...

kloesmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Nope and nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

that's cute

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

I have something like this, cherry bloosims on the top of my foot for my sisters and brother, and a cousin who my mom raised, I call him my Brosin

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

This is for the kids (bio and step) oldest to youngest. They picked the color of their flower.

Busymom855
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
It just depends on how you feel about your Sks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN