Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Your favorite?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

If you have more than one kid, do you have a favorite?

BM used to baby the youngest. Youngest was her favorite. Older didn't want hardly anything to do with her when she did come around. Now that they are older, oldest is her favorite. Older stays with her a little more and youngest wants to stay home more.

Youngest didn't want to visit this past week, so kid calls to talk to her and she is very short and hateful with him.

I know that maybe she's having a bad day or whatever, but why would you be like that to your child if you haven't seen them in over 2 weeks or talked to them in 2 weeks?

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM

A favorite? No. But I do sometimes like certain stages more with one kid vs. another kid. My daughter and I 'click' in ways that none of my boys do with me. I have a special bond with my eldest in some ways that I don't with the others. 

I can't imagine claiming a "favorite" though. 

vintagebikegirl
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM
This

Quoting LoveMyBlessings:

A favorite? No. But I do sometimes like certain stages more with one kid vs. another kid. My daughter and I 'click' in ways that none of my boys do with me. I have a special bond with my eldest in some ways that I don't with the others. 

I can't imagine claiming a "favorite" though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I only have one kid. I am scared of having another. Michaela is so awesome and so precious to me, I am scared I could not love another like I love her. But I want another baby some day. I am just scared.

super_mom_5
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't not have a favorite. Each one of my kids have a special connection with me on certain things. My mom however will favor one of my daughter more then my other 5 kids. It drives me NUTs when she does this. I will not allow her to do so when I see it happening. The only time one kid gets extra attentions is on birthday and if they are sick. But I love to do stuff with all of my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneytunes290
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I click better with my boys - but my daughter is a daddy's girl so it evens out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quoting ShannaBee:

I only have one kid. I am scared of having another. Michaela is so awesome and so precious to me, I am scared I could not love another like I love her. But I want another baby some day. I am just scared.

Your heart grows to make room for each kiddo, I swear it. ;o)
mirm99
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:30 AM
No way.. I can't favorite one of my babies... they're both amazing in their own special way.. and I have a special bond w each one that makes it unique..

My ds4 he's my sweetheart.. he's always telling me he loves me and im pretty.. and when were alone we have our moments.. but he's more of a daddy's boy. Lol

My dd3 shes my little mini me.. lol...so we have this bond.. but shes also my rebel.. lol.. and shes mommys girl.. and rather be w me than anyone else.. so that's special.. lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilangilyn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM

When they were young, no. Now that they are adults, yes. I prefer the ones who make more of an effort in our relationship. Don't get me wrong, but my two oldest are more removed and don't confide in me. The youngest two call me and tell me what is on their hearts and minds. We are closer as adults, so they are my favs. The oldest are not mean to me, but they seem to prefer their dad at this time in life.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM

DH says DD is my favourite and he admits that she is his favourite too. DS is a lot more work however he gives the most talking but he makes me laugh the most too. The Nanny says DD is very different, she is an old soul but DS is a regular kid.

CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don't have a favorite. I love all three of my children for different reasons. Often the same things that make me want to banish them to their rooms forever. :) It always amazes me how different they are when I've treated them all the same. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN