Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

New to group

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website, and hope to get the support needed.  I am a SM and have had alot of issues with this, as this is not easy when I am trying to conceive a child of my own.  I hope to get support, is anyone out there in the same situation?  Please respond and let's talk.

Thanks

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boysmom5
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. DH and I have 5 boys between us. I have custody of my 2 boys 12 and 10 and DH has custody of his 13yo twin boys. His 12yo son lives with BM. Most days I feel like I'm drowning in male hormones lol. We've had our issues with BM and the youngest ss, but things have chilled out for now.
Anyway, glad you're here and I hope the group can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Welcome to the group!

Dh is custodial and has 3 kids, Sd15, Ss12, and Ss10. We've been raising his nephew together and will hopefully be adopting him soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThaliakarmaAB
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM

What is the custody situation like?

Mommy0810268
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM

My ss lives with his mother and my DH and I have him every other weekend.  My problem with this whole situation is that I do not see eye to eye with his BM and feel that she is being imature about this entire situation. How is your relationship with BM?

ThaliakarmaAB
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I don't have nor do I need a relationship with my skids mom. They live with DH and I but she has visitation when she wants it and 19 year old visits when-ever.

What do you think mom is being immature about?

You don't need to have a relationship with mom?

You are there only to support your dh not take over the momma role for his child?

Your screenname says mommy how many children do you already have and why is TTC a step-parenting challenge.

Quoting Mommy0810268:

My ss lives with his mother and my DH and I have him every other weekend.  My problem with this whole situation is that I do not see eye to eye with his BM and feel that she is being imature about this entire situation. How is your relationship with BM?

Mommy0810268
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM

She is being immature about this entire situation, because she stormed out when we first met and gave me the dirtiest look ever.  I don't need or care to have any kind of relationship with her but don't want my ss to feel that he is in the midst of baby mama drama.  I'm only looking out for my DH and ss best interest.  DH and I are trying to conceive and neither one of us wants to put our biological child or my SS in any awkward situation.

JackelineEllis
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!

Mommy0505
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

So "this entire situation" is her not liking you?

I agree with above, don't interact with her.

Honestly there probably isn't much need for you to be anywhere near her so put her out of your mind and continue on with your life =)

Quoting Mommy0810268:

She is being immature about this entire situation, because she stormed out when we first met and gave me the dirtiest look ever.  I don't need or care to have any kind of relationship with her but don't want my ss to feel that he is in the midst of baby mama drama.  I'm only looking out for my DH and ss best interest.  DH and I are trying to conceive and neither one of us wants to put our biological child or my SS in any awkward situation.

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

As you're the one who has her panties all up in wad and calling names, I'm going to venture a guess that you would be the source of the "baby mama drama".....

Mommy0810268
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Quoting JacyB:

As you're the one who has her panties all up in wad and calling names, I'm going to venture a guess that you would be the source of the "baby mama drama".....

Please read messages before you post nonsense, thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN