Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you attend even when your s/o cant?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  • 43 Replies

when your skids have a sports even or band concert etc... do you attend those events for your skids even when s/o cant due to work?

what about when it isnt s/o's time to have his kids, do you still attend those events?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThePinkRobot
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM
No I don't attend ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

No I don't attend ever.

can i ask why? is it because you dont get along with skids? or that is there time with their dad?

CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

If the kids wanted me there, I would attend even if he couldn't.

ThePinkRobot
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM
My only reason is that it doesn't interest me, I guess. We get along fine.

Quoting ROBIN-C:

Quoting ThePinkRobot:

No I don't attend ever.

can i ask why? is it because you dont get along with skids? or that is there time with their dad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casey.foster09
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I've attended plenty of things when he couldn't, but haven't experienced them doing things when they are with their mon because she hasn't been there for a year and just got them a few weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakergirl37
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

If BM and DH can not attend I will go. Someone should be there. But if BM is going and DH is not I prefer to avoid the drama.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes I have. A bit weird because bm and I don't sit next to each other but skids love it
babynurse244
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I attended. Even when DH couldn't. Biomom was dead for several years. SD could have cared less if I was there, but I went anyway.

5monkeysplus1
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM

No. As of right now, we do not attend anything on BM's time. We try to lead as drama free of a life as possible, which means avoiding her and her parents as much as we can. During our weeks, if it is appropriate (party etc..) I may attend. Things like PTC, dh would find a way to attend (ask for an after work appointment or go on lunch break).

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

if he couldn't attend-I'm not there-1)i dont have my license 2)he's got the only car

If it wasn't dad's time-and he didn't have work-we're there. Even on dad's time we're there. SS's in Little League this year-and he's got games every weekend-DH and I pile all the kids into the car and we go to the games :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)