Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the only problem i am having....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

been dating s/o for 6 months. we see each otehr every weekend and have his daughter every other weekend. on weekends he has his daughter i dont get anything done: grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning etc. we spend the whole weekend entertaining the kids, which i love to do, but makes the work week very hard!

is it like this for you all when the skids are over on the weekends?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jessiesluv
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Make grocery shopping part of the entertainment! LOL

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you all have to do everything together? I get that it is fun but sometimes kids just need a,one time with dad so that gives you time to do a few things...also I folded laundry while we watch a movie..,,etc
CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I typically only see my so's children for a few hours each day on his weekend. We've been together a year and easing all the kids into the relationship. Plus, I think it's important we each have one on one time with our children. I would suggest trying to get those things done during the week or make it fun and include the daughter (grocery shopping could be fun anyway!). :)

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I don't have SK's but I have to say... I don't really get things done on the weekend with my 4 kids, lol! I mean, yes... I take them with or hubby hangs out with the, while I do things... But my point is that we are busy! Entertaining them, soccer games, bday parties, church... We are busy. I'm sure it makes your work week harder, but it's only every other weekend... Is it that big of a deal? And I agree, make grocery shopping a family event! Lol!
squeakersmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Dh and I were living together, almost married, when he finally started to get his visitation so I was always there. Now we have sd 50% of the time plus our dd. You just have to learn to make it work. Shop after they go to bed etc. I also agree with the pp. Take a few hours to get your stuff done before you go to spend time with so. Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazzmonkey
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM
They say it is important to have real normal time together if you want to move forward to getting married. If not than take time out to do what you need to for you. Whatever time you have left join in thé fun. We didn't bother with the work thing on weekends for three years. We just played together all the time. It was fun but not how a family works. No pun intended. Decide what direction you want to go in. Then sit down with BF and have the talk. Meaning what chores the skids need to do. It takes alot longer to bond with the NCP step parent so don't rush. You are in a great stage and the memories you build now will help during the not so.fun times.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)