• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something special

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is there something special you do with your skids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Ss12 and I play cards every night. Ss10 sits on my lap during movies after dinner, and Sd15 and I stay away from eachother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM

With SD - I'm the "dance [step]mom". 

With SS - he has just started umpiring (I am a certified high school baseball umpire) and we have lots of discussions about that. I have gone to watch his games, and he has watched mine. He asks me questions every day, "what would you do in this sitch?" and we have discussions about rules and situations. Actually SS and I talk a lot about all kinds of topics. I feel we are very close.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I enjoy going out on the boat with SS when he comes. He is fun to talk to. Me and SS have the same humor bone, so we use it together against his dad. That's always fun. LOL

angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM
That's awesome you have something like that in common.

Quoting whatIknownow:

With SD - I'm the "dance [step]mom". 

With SS - he has just started umpiring (I am a certified high school baseball umpire) and we have lots of discussions about that. I have gone to watch his games, and he has watched mine. He asks me questions every day, "what would you do in this sitch?" and we have discussions about rules and situations. Actually SS and I talk a lot about all kinds of topics. I feel we are very close.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Lol the kids have Dh's humor so they pick on me. It's ok though, I get them in my own way ;)

Quoting baparrot2:

I enjoy going out on the boat with SS when he comes. He is fun to talk to. Me and SS have the same humor bone, so we use it together against his dad. That's always fun. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintagebikegirl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I do everything with SD that I do with the other kids. I'm the girl scouts mom. I'm also the mean homework mom and the talking about puberty mom. I spend one on one time with her, but don't really have a "special thing" that I do with JUST her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM

my kids are all a bit odd (ss10 included) so we find things to do all together but ss is my shopping buddy. i love taking him grocery shopping with me. my dd? i hate taking her to the store. shes the touch evrything kid. my kids are so funny and random there is never a dull moment. they tend to get me laughing in hystarics more often than upsetting me. they are awesome.

cc77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I have a SD and 3 dd's and 1 ds.   I try to do special things with all of them.  I take the older kids skating and the younger ones to Chucky Cheeses.  Since SD is 10 we sometimes go to get our toes done, but other DD's will join when they get old enough. I am often the disciplinarian so I try to have that fun time with the kids too.  We are a very active family so we are always going for one kid or the next between sports and activities.  We just have fun as a family:)

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

SD10 and I mostly avoid each other. If we are doing an activity that she wants in on-then its either something arts/craft or sewing related.

SS5-that's my shadow-anything I'm doing he's right along side me watching/asking questions/trying to help :)

looneytunes290
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Parrot do you have any sd? I think I would have liked ss better than having sds.

Quoting baparrot2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)