Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's it.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 27 Replies

I'm so angry. So so so angry. That's what I get for looking around on fb. My ex hasn't paid child support. Not last month and not this month. He said he's broke. He has no job. So, I was looking at his gf's facebook page. We're not fb friends, she's just not private and she always has pics of my kids on there from when they visit their dad, so I look. I see he took her to get her hair and nails done. It's not that I care if her hair and nails are done. It's that, he's ordered to pay $200/mo in child support for FOUR children. It was supposed to be $1500, but he quit his job and he and I made the agreement for $200/mo because otherwise, due to his being unemployed, the order would have been for $25/mo. And he can't give me the child support he's supposed to to help support OUR children, but he can get his gf's hair and nails done? Oh, and buy her a dog?

bah.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Not any time during our relationship did I have Dh put my needs/wants before Cs. That just says a lot about her and him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Gwen
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I'm not trying to be snippy when I say this but... You know who he is and what he's about(GF included) so why do you torture yourself by checking her FB? Wouldn't you be happier if you accepted it and lived your life accordingly/ rise above it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Ms.Gwen:

I'm not trying to be snippy when I say this but... You know who he is and what he's about(GF included) so why do you torture yourself by checking her FB? Wouldn't you be happier if you accepted it and lived your life accordingly/ rise above it?

I agree with this. It's a difficult thing to do, but it needs to be done. You will be so much happier if you avoid checking up on them. 

~*~ "To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art" ~*~

NewDawnFades
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM

No, see, stupid me thought he was being honest. I was giving him a break with the child support because I knew he didn't have a job. Apparently he's making money somehow. I guess I never would've known if I hadn't looked. It just bothers me.

ame4c
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I agree with Ms. Gwen, but I also know how you feel.  My X remarried 30 days after the divorce (after knocking up his mistress with a 2nd child) and still doesn't pay his court ordered child support.  I even have wage garnishments in place and still nothing.  It's frustrating, but you know my limit was reached when my son turned 16 and he promised him $200 to put towards a car.  I knew it would never happen and my son didn't let his hopes get up because he knows what kind of man his father is.  I was excited to find out my X got him a $30 gift card from walmart.  In the middle of my thought (I was thinking wow at least he got him something), my son said, "OH and dad said the rest of my present was in his child support payments."  OMG... how could you say something like that to a kid??? My son would have been perfectly happy with the $30, but the comment ruined the gift and his bday.

You have to learn to ignore them and forget about child support.  You cant rely on it even though your X will always owe it to you.  If you haven't already called CSE (Child support Enforcement) do so and get the ball rolling for wage garnishments.  This is the only way I get paid, but my X will change jobs all the time to get out of paying.  It takes about 4 months every time he changes jobs for them to catch up to him and about 2 months of no payments before they even try, so it's about 6 months between payments for me...LOL... After 6 yrs, it's become comical.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you know he paid for her to be done?

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Why is he not in jail.

I can't stand deadbeats. Basically it amounts to stealing. He's stealing from you.

NewDawnFades
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting baparrot2:

How do you know he paid for her to be done?

Her status said her wonderful boyfriend took her to get her hair cut and nails done and was picking out hair dye for her.

She has a lot of statuses about how wonderful he is. How he's a "real man". That's great for her, as long as she doesn't get pregnant and find out he's cheating and doing drugs and starts getting hit for opening her mouth about it. Eh, she knows about everything that happened in our marriage, it's her decision. I just wish he wasn't such a deadbeat. The kids call him, he doesn't answer half the time. He calls me to tell me he'll be late on cs, he calls me to tell me he's fighting with his mother  (again) and told her she can't see the kids, it's rare he calls to actually talk to the kids. He goes through spurts where he does what he's supposed to...then he reverts back to being a jerk. Idk, I just hate it for the kids. They're still little, they love their dad.

NewDawnFades
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM

because when I filed a motion with the court saying he was $6000 behind and wasn't making the payments, they appointed him a free attorney. He got out of it.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Why is he not in jail.

I can't stand deadbeats. Basically it amounts to stealing. He's stealing from you.

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

oh great. Not only is he allowed to steal from you, he got out of it using an attorney that I paid for with my taxes.

Love it.

Quoting NewDawnFades:

because when I filed a motion with the court saying he was $6000 behind and wasn't making the payments, they appointed him a free attorney. He got out of it.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Why is he not in jail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)