Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you think step moms should be acknowledged on mothers day even if they don't have kids of their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneytunes290
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
As a stepmom- not really justy opinion- of your dh is super sweet then great- but not by skids- especially if not custodial.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5monkeysplus1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
It's up to the child. If *they* feel like you are a mother then they can acknowledge you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Yes but we never will so I give up
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I don't. I fully don't expect anything from them and I do know the Ss's love and appreciate me, but I'm not their mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Uhm are you aware that there is a stepmother's day?!

http://www.noonesthebitch.com/http:/2010/04/01/oprah-to-announce-national-stepmother%E2%80%99s-day/

Okay… I’m sorry.

Today is April Fools Day here in the U.S. and my post is totally fake. Made-up.

There was no Oprah call (although I did actually speak to Heather M. from Harpo Studios a few times before our book came out last year).

There is no official Oprah announcement about National Stepmother’s Day.

I did a search and found conflicting information. Stepmother’s Day already exists, but it’s alternately listed as May 1st (which seems like it would piss some moms off, coming before their day). Or else it falls on the Sunday after Mother’s Day, which would make it May 16th of this year.

From what I understand the first Sunday after mother's day is Stepmother's Day

kristinbugg
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM

No, because if you don't have children, either biologically or adopted, then it really makes no sense to celebrate a day for mothers, does it?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Should be? No.  The kids have acknowledged me the last 2 years on Mother's Day.  They told DH they wanted to do something for me and I was only NCP.  Now that I am CSM I still don't think it should be done.

CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I think it's dependent on individual situations. If your skids want to, great! If they don't, I wouldn't force the issue.

AmyB118
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

SHOULD be acknowledged? Nah.  But there's no hard and fast rule where families are concerned is there?

I think if you get all butt hurt b/c you AREN'T acknowledged you should look at your motives but I honestly could care less if they think of ME, they should think of BM.

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I think it would be nice if they were acknowleged, if they are actively involved with the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)