Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Step daughter help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
my 14 year old step daughter came home today from school with a hickey on her neck. I'm kinda scared to tell my husband he might overreact. But if I don't tell him and he finds out that I knew he might be pissed at me. What should I do???
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I'd just pull him aside and talk to him about it and hopefully he'll be calm about it and he can talk to SD about how hickeys are kinda trashy and does she want to have that kind of reputation at school and amoung her schoolmates.

ms5678
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I would actually talk to her about it first.  Then you can confront her with it, and also have a moment to bond with her about something she obviously doesn't want anyone to know.  Girls want to talk about that stuff, even if they act like they don't.  It's even more important to ask who she got it from, and get the scoop on her potential "love life"  

Mommywithsix
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I talked to her and called the boy parents already. But I think I'm gonna have to tell him. Ty
lovin_life85
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes talk to her first but still tell DH, I would not keep it from him, that could cause problems between the two of you.

Quoting ms5678:

I would actually talk to her about it first.  Then you can confront her with it, and also have a moment to bond with her about something she obviously doesn't want anyone to know.  Girls want to talk about that stuff, even if they act like they don't.  It's even more important to ask who she got it from, and get the scoop on her potential "love life"  

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Hun? Tell him and let him over react! Did she come home from school like that? Not appropriate for a 14 year old for sure. Let dad at her!
CoochieLibre
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I would also tell the school. They should be learning, not making out.

angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I agree

Quoting zannahdeux:

Hun? Tell him and let him over react! Did she come home from school like that? Not appropriate for a 14 year old for sure. Let dad at her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hartbear
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I have always tried getting my step daughters to try to tell my husband first before i said something. at the age of 13 my step daughter had a bag full of condoms she was selling them she asked me to keep it a secret and i told her i would give her a day to tell him herself then i would tell him. she respected that and told him. hope this helped

bakergirl37
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

SD14 and I had a long talk once about how she could tell me anything and I would not tell her mom or dad BUT if at any time I felt it was something was going to harm her or someone else or it was something I just felt they needed to know I would tell them. DH knows and supports this agreement. That being said I would have told me DH after I talked to her first. 

BM freaks out about the boy stuff big time and I am a little more calm about it. SD14 does have a boyfriend and I would just calmly pull her aside and ask her about it. Discuss about what being a lady means. And I would tell her that it's not appropriate things for her to be doing with her boyfriend and that I would need to tell DH as he will notice that on her neck. 

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Uh tell him its his daughter let him deal with it..have a talk with the girl too about her reputation and the signals that things like that send out to schoolmates and boys .. try to have her remove it with a toothbrush.. i heard it breaks up the blood clot thing and makes it go away quicker.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)