Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Court Orders

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM
  • 23 Replies

I was just thinking...I would love to see what other people have in their CO's! Recently when I took ex back to court to change ours my DH's really came in handy so I could see what I wanted that I may have forgotten! I think if we could combine CO's here all of us would be able to get EXACTLY what we wanted! LOL ok maybe not exactly but still..It would be fun! What do y'all think?

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chasinrainbows
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM
It always amazes me as to what some judges allow in their court orders while others would laugh at it. Some of the nic-picky crap really is laughable but I have heard of some great ideas on here. My CO is rather basic, imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hershey6
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

1. Taxes.  It outlines who gets to claim each child and when so thre are no questions there.

2. Right of first Refusal.  This is discussed in another post on here from today.  Basically, if the child is going to be with a babysitter for more than a certain amount of time, the other parent has to be notified and given the option to have the child.

3. Splitting "agreed upon costs."  Meaning that BM and DH will split extra curriculars, school costs, birthday parties, etc. as long as both parties agree to it in advance. 

4.Holidays. I know there are some people who forget to outline them in the CO and it can be very bad.

I am sure there are a lot of others as well... but those are the big one that I can think of

angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Dh's is about to be changed. It's pretty basic, but Bm did put in saying the kids couldn't be alone with my mil. No actual reason except Bm Doesn't like mil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintagebikegirl
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Hmmm....
DH had sole custody
BM Visitation schedule. Times and dates.
Holidays (but we've never followed it. Just do what works for her family and ours)
Medications must be given, the must be in a bottle from pharmacy with current label and bottles must be returned. (Our request)
Both parents are allowed to participate in school and medical apts. They must notify each other BEFORE taking SD to the Dr. (Our request)
She must do ALL the transportation for her visits. (He even quoted a bitchy remark she made on the stand, so that's in the CO, lol)

That's about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine's amazing.....CO reads:

I have SOLE Legal and SOLE Physical...he has supervised visits (that he screwed up years ago and would need to take me back to court to have the judge order them again) and one phone call a week on Wednesday that he has NEVER exercised.....

I am a lucky, lucky girl.  No BF....and NO SM drama...I am lovin' life :)

RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM

we share legal custody, so we have to notify each other about drs appointments and whether we put the kids in a new program, be it sports or going to a new church. we also must have each other on the school emergency list, and have to be notified if the kids are going to be out of the care of the bp for more than 4 hours, so the bp can have the kids. their's also the holidays, and the kids birthdays with the bp's birthdays. we each have to have the current addresses of each other along with any caregivers address and phone numbers. thats all i can think of

RoseBlossom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM

you may be lucky, but i feel sorry for your child, having no father is hard. not saying thats your fault, just sucks.

Quoting AmyB118:

I have SOLE Legal and SOLE Physical...he has supervised visits (that he screwed up years ago and would need to take me back to court to have the judge order them again) and one phone call a week on Wednesday that he has NEVER exercised.....

gr8d8n3mom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Quoting hershey6:

1. Taxes.  It outlines who gets to claim each child and when so thre are no questions there.

2. Right of first Refusal.  This is discussed in another post on here from today.  Basically, if the child is going to be with a babysitter for more than a certain amount of time, the other parent has to be notified and given the option to have the child.

3. Splitting "agreed upon costs."  Meaning that BM and DH will split extra curriculars, school costs, birthday parties, etc. as long as both parties agree to it in advance. 

4.Holidays. I know there are some people who forget to outline them in the CO and it can be very bad.

I am sure there are a lot of others as well... but those are the big one that I can think of

That one just kills me, DH's C.O. states he is to be called second only to the mother if she can't be reached, and is to be on all emergency contact info for school.

I recently found information from YSD's school where BM has OSD listed as YSD's emergency contact!(Besides, OSD is in no way a person to handle any emergencies)That goes against the C.O. I wouldn't be surprised if DH isn't listed at all on any of the school paperwork, as BM has a history of doing this and he live less than 20 mins from the school.

DH's is pretty good for the most part there are a few "gray areas", But I believe all C.O.'s should be black and white! This whole I read it to mean one thing, and she reads it to mean something else is for the birds!

planning a wedding

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Don't feel sorry for her - she's fine.  He was violent, I doubt she'd (nor would I) sacrifice her safety so he could see her. 

She also has a SF who's raised her since she was 4 and my father as positive male role models in her life.  Not to mention three awesome male lax coaches that she really looks up to.  She's better off w/the men in her life than BF any day.

Quoting RoseBlossom:

you may be lucky, but i feel sorry for your child, having no father is hard. not saying thats your fault, just sucks.

Quoting AmyB118:

lilangilyn
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:50 AM

We have no bad mouthing in ours. I don't think it was ever followed by BM, but we did have that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)