Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

dh is being childish!!!...vent!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
Uuugg!!!!!... bm text me an hour ago if I can keep my sd the weekend of May 25-27 bc shes going out of town to Vegas for her boyfriends bday.... which is a week before dh's bday... and dh and I have plans on going out of town already that same weekend so we can't...

Well I told dh since we're leaving our 2 kids w his mom if its ok if I ask his mom to watch my sd too... since its also her granddaughter and bm was good to us when our son had surgery.. she kept sd an extra day while our son recovered... and what does he say...... No its her responsibility to find someone to watch mylee... why can't she plan her trips on the weeks mylee is w us.... that's what we did he says... so no... she can figure it out....

Seriously???... why can't we just ask his mom???.. its not going to affect our plans.. maybe his mom wants to spend the weekend w all her grandkids.. idk its so childish to me.. its his daughter too!.. so its his responsibility too not just hers... I feel like just asking his mom anyway...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps because he wants to set a standard and boundaries. Honestly he is right she should have planned better like you both did. Soooo many sm on here complain that their dh's don't do this and then bm walks all over them repeatedly. honestly you are lucky
mirm99
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM
That's what she did before... she started leaving sd when she was a newborn bc bm had to work... then it went to bc it was her friends b'day... then I had sd all the time... so I know he's right but I guess I rather have sd be somewhere safe than bm leaving her w who knows where for the weekend... idk maybe I should care less or set my own boundaries w bm.

Quoting zannahdeux:

Perhaps because he wants to set a standard and boundaries. Honestly he is right she should have planned better like you both did. Soooo many sm on here complain that their dh's don't do this and then bm walks all over them repeatedly. honestly you are lucky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newtothismi
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to pull up his big boy pants and put his daughter's wellfair before his attitude toward his ex. Uuuuuggg!!!! Agreed.

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Quoting mirm99:

I totally get it! She is lucky that you care about her for sure momma. I am sure her bm will figure something out, or better yet learn to plan appropriately :-)
mirm99
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Like dh says she has to learn some day... lol..

Quoting zannahdeux:

Quoting mirm99:

I totally get it! She is lucky that you care about her for sure momma. I am sure her bm will figure something out, or better yet learn to plan appropriately :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Maybe bm could ask his mom to watch her herself. I agree that Bd is trying to set boundaries. Bm can only push as far as you let her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. He should remember that there will be a time someday when the schedule will need to flex for his benefit.

And that based on his attitude, bm will tell him to shove it.

Quoting newtothismi:

He needs to pull up his big boy pants and put his daughter's wellfair before his attitude toward his ex. Uuuuuggg!!!! Agreed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Everyone despises BM... she burned all her bridges w everyone....I think including her own family from what I've been told... so that wont happen.. and I can only push the subject so much before it becomes and argument between dh and I... i think its childish but at the same time I see where dh is coming from too..

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Maybe bm could ask his mom to watch her herself. I agree that Bd is trying to set boundaries. Bm can only push as far as you let her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM
yep.. thats what I told dh... I know shes been a pain in the ass.. but when our son had surgery I asked her if she could keep sd an extra day bc we would be in phoenix for his surgery and she was good she said yes.. so I figured we can ask dhs mom for her.. I mean its her granddaughter too... its frustrating.. lol...and bm probably thinks im just saying no not even trying to help... being in the middle sucks sometimes.. lol
Quoting chanizen:

I agree. He should remember that there will be a time someday when the schedule will need to flex for his benefit.

And that based on his attitude, bm will tell him to shove it.

Quoting newtothismi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I get that he is setting boundaries, BUT, when he wants BM to compromise, he should not bitch about her not doing so.  Next time he asks for a day that isn't scheduled for him to have he shpuld not be surprised when she says NO.  Or if he ever can't take her for his scheduled time for some reason, like the surgery deal, then she may say "Tough shit, your time, you find child care."

I am with you, I think he is being immature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN