Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Does your DH clear plans with kids BM?

Posted by   + Show Post

just wondering if this is common or not.

when we have Sd (15) her mom demands that my s/o tell her what our plans are. for example earlier this week s/o told his ex that we might be going to six flags on Sat, but we didnt know for sure because of weather. friday night comes and SD tells her dad that he must call her mom and tell her what we are doing or she cant go. seriously?

so s/o calls his ex and tells her yes we are going to six flags and then all coming to my house for rest of weekend. his ex goes on and on about why are we going when its gonna rain all day? (we checked hourly weather and it didnt rain til after we left six flags at 4:30.) he asked his ex why did it matter what our plans were and she told him " i want to know where my daughter will be when a stranger (me) is driving her around!" s/o told her that I am not a stranger by any means! that i have been in their daughters life consistantly for 5 months!

so does your DH have to tell their ex what your plans with his kids are?

obviously s/o doesnt HAVE to tell his ex, but if he doesnt she will make life hell for their daughter!

personally i just think she wants to be nosey and controling (tried to talk s/o out of us going to six flags), i dont think it has anything to do with her being concerned about her 15 year old daughter with me except for the fact that she openly doesnt like me!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Replies (41-44):
Angelknot8
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Its not their business what OP is doing when on their parenting time. S/O is being foolish for allowing bm to have this control, unless of coarse the street goes both ways.

HotMamaRosie
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no. It's his time with them and our family time. It's YOUR house and you shouldn't give anybody else that kind of power.
....ClvrScn.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Dh and bm have a civil relationship.. he informed her where we will be for our vacation this weekend, but did not ask her, or clear it with her..
KellyReedy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM

She tells us NOTHING!  But wants to know things.  We just say we don't know until last minute.  And NO...we don't call for permission.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN